0000 Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
OperaAttorney

Silver

Re: UCLA OR LOYOLA FULL RIDE??????

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:10 am

publicservant101 wrote:I've done some deep thinking (and btw thank you all so much again for your insight and taking the time to give me advice, really), and i believe I am 95% decided on UCLA. The scholarship at Loyola (which requires i stay in the top 2/3s of the class, btw) is really fantastic and i HATE the thought of giving it up, but you guys brought up a good point - the specificity of the scholarship and the opportunities that would come from it are fantastic for a career solely devoted to PI, but I've never actually practiced PI -- what if I change my mind? I realized I may instead want to do a judicial clerkship, or even something as completely different as real estate law. I definitely want to keep public interest at the forefront of my goals, but i also don't want to be pigeon-holed or limited in any way in the future.

and as much as I hate to admit it, brand names do matter. a lot, apparently.

I think my biggest fear at this point is being a little fish in a big pond -- that's certainly how i felt during undergrad at UCLA. And loyola certainly feels like the friendliest pond right now .

That, and my fear of failure. failure with a $120,000 price tag!
Well, UCLA Law is smaller than UCLA. Plus, you can be the biggest fish if you let your light shine. ;)

Mattalones

Silver

Post by Mattalones » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:29 am

publicservant101 wrote:I've done some deep thinking (and btw thank you all so much again for your insight and taking the time to give me advice, really), and i believe I am 95% decided on UCLA. The scholarship at Loyola (which requires i stay in the top 2/3s of the class, btw) is really fantastic and i HATE the thought of giving it up, but you guys brought up a good point - the specificity of the scholarship and the opportunities that would come from it are fantastic for a career solely devoted to PI, but I've never actually practiced PI -- what if I change my mind? I realized I may instead want to do a judicial clerkship, or even something as completely different as real estate law. I definitely want to keep public interest at the forefront of my goals, but i also don't want to be pigeon-holed or limited in any way in the future.

I think my biggest fear at this point is being a little fish in a big pond -- that's certainly how i felt during undergrad at UCLA. And loyola certainly feels like the friendliest pond right now .

If you go to UCLA law, you can eat the good food at LuValle! It will save you $$$ too. That shit is cheap! :D

oopivyoo

New

Post by oopivyoo » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:47 am

UCLA.

bruinbear

New

Post by bruinbear » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:10 pm

congrats. hope to see you at orientation! :)

btw, i also went to ucla for undergrad and felt pretty anon. but law school is a lot smaller. i think being on a different schedule as the rest of the campus separates it even more.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”