Chances for Northwestern ED? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lillystw11

New

Chances for Northwestern ED?

Post by lillystw11 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:12 pm

GPA: 3.93
LSAT: 164

Softs: Graduated from a well-known private college in a liberal arts subject, was very involved (major club leadership, interned at one of the top financial services firms, helped with various local and state political campaigns and offices, took half a year off to work on a presidential campaign headquarters), worked throughout school as a research assistant.

Currently working full-time at a top management consulting firm (MBB). Just graduated, so haven't been there very long.

I know my LSAT score is weak, but I am worried that with my grueling work schedule, it will be difficult for me to raise it all that much. Do I have a shot at Northwestern ED with the score as is? It's my top choice because of their reputation in corporate/big law, and I'm hoping my work experience will bolster my application at least a little bit.

Thanks in advance!

cavalier1138

Re: Chances for Northwestern ED?

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 pm

Minimal. Northwestern only admits people ED who are above both 75ths. It's to get people who might otherwise go to a higher-ranked school incentive to submit a binding application.

In general, your LSAT is going to keep you out of the T13 and definitely keep you from getting any decent scholarships. If your goal is biglaw (in which case, Northwestern has no special attributes relative to other schools, except for its Chicago location), you need to bump that score up a few points (167+ looks like the tipping point for you).

Return to “What are my chances?”