Low GPA 3.25 VS 165 LSAT ODDS NYC Law School Fashion Background Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jessicapinheiro91

New

Low GPA 3.25 VS 165 LSAT ODDS NYC Law School Fashion Background

Post by jessicapinheiro91 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:56 pm

So I went to Fashion Institute of Technology and graduated with a 3.25 in Marketing with minor in Italian. I have been working for 4 years in ( Fashion / Marketing) and am applying to law school this fall. I am currently enrolled to take LSAT in July and then will retake in Sept. I have been scoring in the 165-168 range. My top choice is Fordham because of their Fashion Law specialty program. Then Brooklyn law and New York Law School. I know I have a low GPA but what are my chances of getting in with a 165 ? Anyone else out there with a fashion degree or graduated from FIT and admitted to law school.

cavalier1138

Re: Low GPA 3.25 VS 165 LSAT ODDS NYC Law School Fashion Background

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:11 am

First get an LSAT score, then ask about your specific chances. But no, a 3.25 will not keep you out of any school outside of some of the more grade-selective T13.

But just to nip this particular line of thinking in the bud:
jessicapinheiro91 wrote:My top choice is Fordham because of their Fashion Law specialty program.
Specialty programs are meaningless. Don't go to any school based on a specialty program

TheGreatestGunner

New

Re: Low GPA 3.25 VS 165 LSAT ODDS NYC Law School Fashion Background

Post by TheGreatestGunner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:25 pm

I think you might want to learn a bit more about the realities of law schools and the results you will get from each of them. You will be taking on a lot of debt, so this is not a decision to be made without doing research.

Like the other poster said, get the LSAT before worrying so much. The outcomes for you between 165 and 168 would be enormously different. The outcomes for you above 169 even moreso. Beyond a 173, I cannot see any real difference. But just focus on that score and do not apply to law school until you max it out because it can be worth over $200,000.

One thing I will say is that I think your background is a huge asset. It's going to give you such a unique story to tell, so your personal statement will need to connect with it. I can also see it as a big plus for certain clients, since understanding an industry or at least elements of it, is really helpful.

Return to “What are my chances?”