3.01/171 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Happydays

New

3.01/171

Post by Happydays » Wed May 29, 2019 7:13 pm

I would greatly appreciate some honest advice. I don’t have family members that have knowledge of the application process and my couple buddies who are applying as well have better grades than I.

Here’s my general profile:
W Male, 26, Married
3.01 GPA (Accounting Major/Philosophy Minor, Upward Trend last 2 years)
171 LSAT

Softs:
USAF Enlisted (Honorable Discharge)
Student Gov. Senator for 2 years
Big Brother Big Sister Volunteer for 2 years

I have sporadic work experience outside of my time in the AF. Mainly summer jobs at factories to help save up money. I’m also the first person in my family to attend college. One of my parents didn’t even graduate high school. Didn’t grow up in abject poverty, but was poor. I moved about 9 times before graduating high school including my family getting evicted once. My personal statement is going to be about my experience with my parents and how I managed to somehow get out of the cycle that my family has lived in for generations. I am sure when I start writing it I will post on this website for advice.

I have realized that it is difficult to predict the success of splitters, but I guess I wanted to get my exact numbers posted with a bit of my background to get some feedback.

Last bit, I am open to relocating pretty much anywhere. Growing up how I did I am willing to go wherever I get an opportunity.

If you got to this point, thank you for using your time reading this. I would greatly appreciate your honest advice.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: 3.01/171

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Wed May 29, 2019 10:18 pm

You'll probably have a few good offers at top schools with your solid LSAT and personal background. I'd apply to the entire T14 (although you can probably save app fees by ignoring Yale, Stanford, Harvard, and Berkeley, where your GPA is going to be an albatross). Also consider T20 schools in areas you'd be happy working , that is, UT Austin for Texas, USC/UCLA for California, Vanderbilt for the South, WashU for the Midwest. WashU in particular might throw a big scholarship your way.

Don't fall in love with any particular school because, as you recognize, splitter outcomes are unpredictable, but your best option is probably going to be a great one. Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”