Scholarship chances at T14 for strong GRE applicant? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tombrady

New

Scholarship chances at T14 for strong GRE applicant?

Post by tombrady » Sun May 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Considering applying in the fall. I'm 4 years out of school with post-grad work experience in consulting (big 4 i.e. deloitte/pwc/ey/kpmg), tech (i.e. google/facebook/amazon/apple), and fundraising back at my alma mater. Graduated from a top-20 undergrad with a 3.6 gpa. Grades fell off when I took on leadership roles in extracurriculars and became much more focused on that.

Took the GRE because I'm looking into other types of grad programs as well, and also because I figured I'd do well on that without much studying, whereas LSAT would definitely take some work to figure out.

Scored 170 Verbal (99th percentile), 167 Quantitative (91st percentile), 5.5 Writing (98th percentile). I don't particularly trust ETS's GRE-to-LSAT converter as it seems far too generous to the GRE, but for what it's worth it supposedly converts to a 176.

I'm hoping for scholarship $ at a T14. Harvard, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Penn, UVA, Northwestern, Cornell, and Georgetown all take GRE. Anyone care to weigh in on whether or not that's a reasonable aspiration? Mostly interested in public interest rather than big law so I'd rather not pay sticker price somewhere. Would greatly appreciate any insight, thank you!

Return to “What are my chances?”