Abnormally Bad LSAT take (should I worry at all) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
user69

New

Abnormally Bad LSAT take (should I worry at all)

Post by user69 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:37 am

Hey, just took the LSAT for the first time. My score was about 10 points lower than my PTs. Didn't have a watch and had some timing issues and then got in my head blah blah blah.... However, my question is this: How will an abnormally low LSAT score look (158) ? Hoping to get a large scholar ship from schools just outside the T14. PTs were high 160s -- was gonna YOLO it and hope to improve that to over 170 on the next take, but this was shockingly low. Any cause for concern? Thanks!

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: Abnormally Bad LSAT take (should I worry at all)

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:41 am

Retake and if you improve by the ~10 points you're hoping to (or more) then write an addendum. Shouldn't hold you back.

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Shouldn't be an issue, I scored a 156 on my first take, retook and scored 10+ higher and got into half of the t14 with some 6 figure scholarships. Some schools required an addendum for that, so I just wrote a very short one about how I just had a bad day and was able to study a bit more for my second take.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Wubbles wrote:Shouldn't be an issue, I scored a 156 on my first take, retook and scored 10+ higher and got into half of the t14 with some 6 figure scholarships. Some schools required an addendum for that, so I just wrote a very short one about how I just had a bad day and was able to study a bit more for my second take.
Schools required an addendum? Did they say, "if you took the LSAT more than once, tell us why?" I thought LSAT addenda were just offered as a voluntary option for applicants (like GPA addenda).

In the absence of an addendum, if OP gets, say, a 168 next time I wouldn't even write one to explain the 158. "LSAT got in my head" isn't going to add much/any value to OP's application.

Wubbles

Bronze

Post by Wubbles » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:56 pm

QContinuum wrote:
Wubbles wrote:Shouldn't be an issue, I scored a 156 on my first take, retook and scored 10+ higher and got into half of the t14 with some 6 figure scholarships. Some schools required an addendum for that, so I just wrote a very short one about how I just had a bad day and was able to study a bit more for my second take.
Schools required an addendum? Did they say, "if you took the LSAT more than once, tell us why?" I thought LSAT addenda were just offered as a voluntary option for applicants (like GPA addenda).

In the absence of an addendum, if OP gets, say, a 168 next time I wouldn't even write one to explain the 158. "LSAT got in my head" isn't going to add much/any value to OP's application.
I forgot which school, might have been outside the t14, but it required an addendum for something along the lines of "a difference of 6 points or greater between LSAT scores"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”