3.4/176 with chronic illness, chance me? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gonnagetin

New

3.4/176 with chronic illness, chance me?

Post by gonnagetin » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:40 pm

Hey guys,

I'm currently a third year at UChicago, and planning to apply to law school in the next cycle. I've got a 3.4 GPA here and a 176 LSAT. My GPA has a large upward trend but it is weighed down by my bad first year. I was diagnosed with a chronic illness right before college that I struggled with managing. Uchicago was awful in helping accommodate me even when I had to fly to the other side of the country for treatment. What are my chances for a T14?

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: 3.4/176 with chronic illness, chance me?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:47 pm

You're stone dead at HYS and maybe Berkeley since they're very GPA-sensitive (UChicago is too but anecdotally they go easier on graduates of the College with otherwise-solid applications). You have good-to-great chances at the other ten, probably with at least a few decent scholarship chances.

Focus 100% on your grades for now; it sounds like you're 2/3rds done with college so your mathematical ceiling is probably around 3.6 or so. If you can get even to 3.5 then you'll be much better off.

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:53 pm

HLS is possible, though still unlikely, with upper 3.5s or a 3.6. https://mylsn.info/9ylshj/.
TCR would be to take T10 w/$$$ over H (sticker) though.

JHP

Bronze

Post by JHP » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:27 am

Definitely hang in there--I know someone who got something like a 173 or something on the LSAT and I'm pretty sure their GPA was like a 3.2 or maybe 3.3 from a lower-tier ivy and they got at least waitlisted at Harvard and got in to other T-14s (I think UVA, Duke, UMich, Columbia, Cornell, from my memory?).

Just focus on grades, write a great application, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”