I got waitlisted at Wake Forest (Advice) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
grumpydwarf

New

I got waitlisted at Wake Forest (Advice)

Post by grumpydwarf » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:09 pm

I felt I was above there LSAT range 157 - 162. I scored a 163. I gave the test again last weekend. But I am yet to find out how I did. That being said, I have a horrible cumulative GPA. I had depression in my first year of college. I lost thirty pounds and flunked out that year. I had to restart my education at a community college. Although I graduated from Umass Amherst with a 3.46, my cumulative GPA is still a 2.75. I wrote an addendum explaining all of this but being waitlisted at Wake Forest still worries me as it was one of the less competitive schools I applied to.

I applied to BU, BC, UNC-Chapel Hill, Northeastern, UC Hasting. Perhaps I should have selected schools that were not as competitive.

SlipperyKipper

Re: I got waitlisted at Wake Forest (Advice)

Post by SlipperyKipper » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:39 pm

grumpydwarf wrote:I felt I was above there LSAT range 157 - 162. I scored a 163. I gave the test again last weekend. But I am yet to find out how I did. That being said, I have a horrible cumulative GPA. I had depression in my first year of college. I lost thirty pounds and flunked out that year. I had to restart my education at a community college. Although I graduated from Umass Amherst with a 3.46, my cumulative GPA is still a 2.75. I wrote an addendum explaining all of this but being waitlisted at Wake Forest still worries me as it was one of the less competitive schools I applied to.

I applied to BU, BC, UNC-Chapel Hill, Northeastern, UC Hasting. Perhaps I should have selected schools that were not as competitive.

According to LST, the 25/50/75th LSAT for the Fall 2018 incoming class was 160/162/163. You scored at their 75th percentile. Their median GPA for the same class is 3.58. https://www.lstreports.com/schools/wake/admissions/

With a GPA closer to their median, your 163 LSAT score would have made an acceptance likely. However, with your 2.75 GPA, you are going to have to score (far) above the 75th percentile for all the schools you listed to have a decent chance at acceptance. As it stands now, it seems the only school you listed that you have a decent chance of getting into is UC Hastings. So, I would advise a retake.

And I am sorry to hear that happened to you. I understand how life can go so sideways sometimes.

grumpydwarf

New

Post by grumpydwarf » Fri May 03, 2019 4:25 pm

More of a recent update

Waitlisted at BU
Rejected at BC
Waitlisted UNC-Chapel Hill
Waitlisted at UC Davis
Waitlisted at Northeastern
Have not heard back from UC Hastings

Thnx for the advice. I am retaking the test in June. I will get back to studying for now. If not I can try again next year I guess.

SlipperyKipper

Post by SlipperyKipper » Fri May 03, 2019 6:23 pm

grumpydwarf wrote:More of a recent update

Waitlisted at BU
Rejected at BC
Waitlisted UNC-Chapel Hill
Waitlisted at UC Davis
Waitlisted at Northeastern
Have not heard back from UC Hastings

Thnx for the advice. I am retaking the test in June. I will get back to studying for now. If not I can try again next year I guess.
Thank you for the update. Law school admissions are predictable with few exceptions. And, you're right, there is always next year. Law school isn't going anywhere. Focus on your LSAT score. It's your ticket to acceptance to better schools and $$. Keep practicing and studying and I wish you well on your retake!

grumpydwarf

New

Post by grumpydwarf » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:15 pm

I got rejected from UC Hastings. My restest was 166. Not sure if that is high enough anymore. Feeling discouraged.

grumpydwarf

New

Post by grumpydwarf » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thnx for the advice once again. I got into BU law yesterday off the waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”