For T14 & Full-Tuition Scholarships: 3.92/179 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
P r o s e

New

For T14 & Full-Tuition Scholarships: 3.92/179

Post by P r o s e » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Situation: interested in the law and law school and know that I have good chances at T14 schools. For several reasons, though, am highly debt-averse. Could some folks weigh in on my chances at full-tuition scholarships like the ones at UVA/Chicago/Columbia?

Softs (or lack thereof): non-URM, will have 1 year of experience as an investigator for a public defender, a masters from Oxford (likely with distinction), interned at state Attorney General's office as an undergraduate

Thanks all.

Bestes

New

Re: For T14 & Full-Tuition Scholarships: 3.92/179

Post by Bestes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 pm

I'm applying this cycle to most of the T14 schools with a 172 and 3.9. Even though there are plenty of folks posting here on TLS with an LSAT score like your 179, the reality is that it is extremely rare and the combination of a very strong GPA and extremely high LSAT is even more rare. According to their 509 filings, U.Chicago, NYU, and UVA among the T14 offer 10% or more of admitted students full tuition or more than full tuition. Most of my applications were complete at the very end of November so I have not heard back from most schools yet or I'd share my outcome with T14 schools. I'm sure you realize this, but even full tuition would leave you with between $20K and $30K annually in housing, meals, and travel expenses. Given your numbers you would be in the running for the limited number of full tuition + scholarships these schools offer

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Re: For T14 & Full-Tuition Scholarships: 3.92/179

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Yeah, your numbers are full-ride material - it's just hard to say where in particular you are going to end up. Your chances at a Rubenstein, for example, depend a lot on where Chicago's GPA median is headed at the moment. Even if you somehow strike out on the first go you'll have plenty of negotiating power since you're basically a lock for Harvard + T6 half-rides. Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”