3.49 GPA / 170 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Artcyb16

New

3.49 GPA / 170 LSAT

Post by Artcyb16 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Hello,

I live in TX and graduated from Rice in 2016--was also a 4 year varsity athlete. I've been working full time in commercial real estate for 2 years now but would like to transition and focus on sports law. I'd like your advice on what schools I could realistically get accepted to and potentially get $$ that have a solid sports/entertainment program.

thanks!

UVA2B

Gold

Re: 3.49 GPA / 170 LSAT

Post by UVA2B » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Don't worry about specialty programs. They're meaningless. Apply to at least the following schools:

-Penn
-Michigan
-Berkeley
-UVA
-Duke
-Northwestern
-Cornell

Also consider applying to these schools as reaches:

-Columbia
-Chicago
-NYU

Now consider what region you want to practice following graduation, and apply to the top regionals in that area. Since you're from TX, that means UT and maybe Vandy. You can also include GULC if you'd like.

You might not get into all of them, and scholarship offers could vary some in that list of schools, which is why you just need to focus and apply to all of them. Once you have offers in hand, consider which one is the best fit for you.

Artcyb16

New

Re: 3.49 GPA / 170 LSAT

Post by Artcyb16 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Okay, thank you for the advice! Much appreciated.

Return to “What are my chances?”