168 lsat/3.54 gpa Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
HKFood

New

168 lsat/3.54 gpa

Post by HKFood » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:53 am

Hello,
New here. Thank you in advance!
I just found out I got a 168 in the november take. My gpa is 3.54. I am aiming to stay in the NYC or LA area with some scholarship. I am thinking of Fordham, Berkeley, USC or UCLA. I know my scores are too low for NYU or Columbia and even if by some miracle I got in, I do not want to pay sticker. What do you think of my chances of getting admission and scholarship for Fordham or the other LA area schools?
I am non-trad with 4 years work experience in healthcare. Any advice is very appreciated!
Thanks!

dknightisyoung

New

Re: 168 lsat/3.54 gpa

Post by dknightisyoung » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:04 am

You'd get into USC and UCLA and Fordham. Scholly wise, my friend had similar stats to you and got about 20k from both USC and UCLA. Fordham you'd probably get more money. I think though if you're dead set on not paying a lot you should retake. The difference between 168 and 172 isn't that much--just a couple of questions which I think anyone could make up. Why not try for Jan and wait a year? Also depends on your goals though. If you want biglaw in a big market or a clerkship then I absolutely recommend you wait, retake, and go to the best school possible.

Return to “What are my chances?”