Chances with later LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
crispybacon93

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am

Chances with later LSAT

Postby crispybacon93 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 am

Hey everyone,

I went onto the LSAC account today to check if my LORs had appeared and it says I am not registered for an LSAT. I'm fairly certain there's been a mistake because I clearly remember paying for the November LSAT after postponing the September LSAT. I will be calling LSAC this afternoon to fix it, but if I didn't register (I have to double check my credit card to confirm) I'm going to register for January 2019. Right now, I am consistently scoring 173-174 on my LSAT practices (been studying all summer). My question, If I can keep increasing my score until January and maybe bump up to the 176+ area, what would my chances be in the T14? Specifically Penn, NYU, and Columbia? How about outside the T14 such as Temple University?

Stats:
3.5 GPA
Biology Major with a bachelors in cell, molecular, and developmental biology.
2 years out of undergrad - originally was thinking medical school but changed my mind.
2 years work experience helping manage a orthopedic and pain management
By January I would have about 6 months of experience as a realtor.

I really don't want to wait another year and apply, though I know a high LSAT score and very early app next year would maximize my application. I am perfectly happy with going to Temple because my goal is to work in Philadelphia - Big Law.

crispybacon93

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Chances with later LSAT

Postby crispybacon93 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 pm

. Apparently my credit card was declined and I have no position. I even have an email confirming my purchase but LSAC says they declined my card and I have no spot. And apparently I can’t get a spot now because it’s a security issue to do so after the deadline date. So depressed but I guess I just gotta kill the January one.

QContinuum

Moderator
Posts: 891
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:52 am

Re: Chances with later LSAT

Postby QContinuum » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:26 pm

I'm sorry about what happened with your LSAT registration.

I'm not even sure many of the top law schools accept January LSAT scores. If so, you would be gravely shortchanging yourself by applying this cycle. If you do indeed score in the 170s, you would have a very solid shot at the T13 if you apply early the next cycle. Since your goal is BigLaw, you should do everything possible to attend a T13, or at most a T20.



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests