174 / 3.55 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Dogbert

New

174 / 3.55

Post by Dogbert » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 am

Hi all,

Limited info on these stats from recent applicants on LSN so wanted to get some input, mostly on if my softs would do any good in going for some of my reaches:

LSAT: 174
GPA: 3.55

Softs: Marine veteran, first-gen American, Hispanic
WE: Besides the military, time since undergrad spent working for a federal agency and as a hill staffer in DC

Essays: I write an addendum for my GPA - I had a 4.0 through 39 credits my freshman year before I left for the Marines. I then highlight on my upward trend every semester since being back in school/explain being rusty the first couple semesters back

From the few applicants on on LSN, NYU and Columbia are both over 50%. I'm also applying to Penn and Harvard which are below ( 5 for 11 and 3 for 11, respectively)

Given the small sample size, just wanted to see what some thoughts were on this.

Thanks in advance

QContinuum

Re: 174 / 3.55

Post by QContinuum » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:53 am

IMO you certainly have a strong shot at CCN down as a splitter, and a decent shot at Harvard. You won't get a URM boost (unless you're Mexican-American or Puerto Rican), and I don't think your softs will materially improve your odds, but I think you have a good application overall and should definitely apply up and down the T13. You should get at least a couple nibbles!

Best of luck and thanks for your service.

Return to “What are my chances?”