Chances at WUSTL/VANDY Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thatscoutpl

New

Chances at WUSTL/VANDY

Post by thatscoutpl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:21 am

I have a 166 LSAT and a 3.43 GPA.

I'm currently an active-duty military officer, applying as part of the Army's FLEP program (the Army will pay for my law school 100%, and then I serve 6 years as a JAG officer).

I am a hispanic man.

What are my odds at Vandy/WUSTL?

hoos89

Gold

Re: Chances at WUSTL/VANDY

Post by hoos89 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:10 am

thatscoutpl wrote:I have a 166 LSAT and a 3.43 GPA.

I'm currently an active-duty military officer, applying as part of the Army's FLEP program (the Army will pay for my law school 100%, and then I serve 6 years as a JAG officer).

I am a hispanic man.

What are my odds at Vandy/WUSTL?
It matters what kind of Hispanic. Are you Puerto Rican or Mexican? If not then you'll probably need to retake the LSAT and score at least 1 or 2 points higher. If yes then you're considered a URM and I think will have a good shot at both.

thatscoutpl

New

Post by thatscoutpl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:34 pm

I am Mexican. I didn't mention that on my application, however. I just checked the 'Hispanic' block.

hoos89

Gold

Post by hoos89 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 pm

thatscoutpl wrote:I am Mexican. I didn't mention that on my application, however. I just checked the 'Hispanic' block.
I think there's an option to check this when filling out your LSAC profile prior to taking the LSAT.

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:18 am

More competitive at WUSTL than Vandy right now, but decently competitive at both. Come up a point or so on the LSAT and I would say you are in a solid position for $$ at WUSTL. Anecdotally, Vanderbilt seemed to be trying to establish a GPA floor of sorts last cycle. I don't know what constitutes a competitive GPA, but they seemed to accept fewer sup-170 splitters than normal, so the more points you can add, the better.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Post by KunAgnis » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:17 am

HenryHankPalmer wrote:More competitive at WUSTL than Vandy right now, but decently competitive at both. Come up a point or so on the LSAT and I would say you are in a solid position for $$ at WUSTL. Anecdotally, Vanderbilt seemed to be trying to establish a GPA floor of sorts last cycle. I don't know what constitutes a competitive GPA, but they seemed to accept fewer sup-170 splitters than normal, so the more points you can add, the better.
The Army is paying for his tuition.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”