2.9 GPA, 175 LSAT - Splitter. Northwestern ED? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
razumikhin_

New

2.9 GPA, 175 LSAT - Splitter. Northwestern ED?

Post by razumikhin_ » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:48 pm

What are my chances at T14? Also trying to decide if I should apply ED to Northwestern

- Undergrad: William & Mary
- Indian American (from the country of India)
- Reason for low GPA: Undergrad major was neuroscience and I was miserable. I was pre-med (family forced me) and choosing law has led my family to cut me off. I was unhappy and didn't see the point in studying because I didn't want to be a doctor.
- Senior year GPA was 3.7 because I realized I wanted to do law and had a reason for working hard etc.
- Working as Legal Assistant. Graduated May 2018. Will work as LA until August 2019.

My List: Georgetown, George Washington, U Penn, Northwestern, NYU, Washington St. Louis, U Michigan, Emory, some safeties, some more reaches.

goingnutslawschool

New

Re: 2.9 GPA, 175 LSAT - Splitter. Northwestern ED?

Post by goingnutslawschool » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Put your stats in LSN and see what comes up. There is advise out there that putting in some really solid work experience between yourself and your GPA helps. Also, how are you funding your law school education if your family has cut you off? If you need scholarships then you need to look into schools where they weigh the LSAT heavily. The only one that I have heard that does this is WUSTL Law School I think. Also where do you plan to practice law? Take this into account and look into good regional schools.

Return to “What are my chances?”