Chances at UT law Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nunuwildcat

New

Chances at UT law

Post by nunuwildcat » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:23 pm

I am a white male getting an undergrad degree from Northwestern University. I am considering applying early decision to the University of Texas (I am a resident of Texas). I have a 3.91 GPA and a 165 LSAT. What do my chances look like of getting into UT Law? Should I make the decision to go all in with early decision, or are my stats decent enough to wait and apply regular decision? Any advice would be great. Another option I have been considering is trying to retake the LSAT to boost my scores and have a better chance at scholarships, and/or some of the top ten schools? I am pretty conflicted about this, so any insight would be very helpful. Thank you so much.

mmac

New

Re: Chances at UT law

Post by mmac » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:40 am

UT is known as not giving an advantage for ED. Also, keep in mind that when you're looking at statistics you need to try to determine whether the applicant was a Texas resident since the standards are different. It looks like as a Texas resident you should have a good shot. Note that most folks with your scores who were denied or waitlisted appear not to be Texas residents: http://mylsn.info/wnuaan/ Of course, it wouldn't hurt to retake if you think you can get a higher LSAT. Good luck!

mmac

New

Re: Chances at UT law

Post by mmac » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:43 am

Another consideration is that if you apply ED to UT you will get a $10,000/year scholarship automatically, and it appears that with your numbers you will not get much applying RD. That might make it worth it if you're sure you want to go to UT.

Return to “What are my chances?”