GPA 3.84 LSAT 165 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
johnhalberg29

New

GPA 3.84 LSAT 165

Post by johnhalberg29 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:01 am

My list:
Duke
UCLA
Northwestern
University of Pennsylvania
Georgetown

I'm a white male (I hate that race even matters in this context), and I have had two legal clerkships, one with my college's general counsel, and the other with the orange county public defender's office. I've done DIII swimming for four years, I'm in a couple of clubs, and I triple majored in Business, Economics, and Mathematics.

Do I have a shot at any or all of these schools? This link below says I have a 35% chance at Georgetown or a 36% chance at Duke, but that seems bogus to me.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/gpa-3.8/lsat-165

Should i retake the LSAT in November before applying? I've already taken it 3 times (159>161>165), but I might consider taking it again.

Thanks

KunAgnis

Bronze

Re: GPA 3.84 LSAT 165

Post by KunAgnis » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 am

johnhalberg29 wrote:My list:
Duke
UCLA
Northwestern
University of Pennsylvania
Georgetown

I'm a white male (I hate that race even matters in this context), and I have had two legal clerkships, one with my college's general counsel, and the other with the orange county public defender's office. I've done DIII swimming for four years, I'm in a couple of clubs, and I triple majored in Business, Economics, and Mathematics.

Do I have a shot at any or all of these schools? This link below says I have a 35% chance at Georgetown or a 36% chance at Duke, but that seems bogus to me.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/gpa-3.8/lsat-165

Should i retake the LSAT in November before applying? I've already taken it 3 times (159>161>165), but I might consider taking it again.

Thanks
Gona provide you with a couple of points:
1. Major never matters, law schools don't have to report majors when they boost their GPA stats in order to raise their USN rankings each year. Otherwise, my biochemistry major should have helped me some, and yet here we are.

2. your legal clerkships are great softs since you're better than the majority of the kids who come without knowing why.

3. 165 is a decent LSAT but you could probably do better (I know "retake" is a cliche advice but honestly it matters with regards to admissions and scholarships .

4. Ultimately - I think you have a good shot at UCLA. Not sure about the rest - your LSAT is probably a bit low for some of the T14 (NU in particular is slightly splitter-friendly).

Return to “What are my chances?”