2.95 GPA, 171 LSAT. Please chance me! Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
superspitter

New

2.95 GPA, 171 LSAT. Please chance me!

Post by superspitter » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:16 am

Super splitter here!

Important things to note:

1. The school I went to for undergrad is near rank 10.
2. The reason my GPA is so low is that I got depressed after a family member passed away in freshman year. My GPA was consistently bad throughout all four years. I'm gonna include the death part in the addendum but I don't know how detailed it needs to be, or even if I should include the part where I was depressed since that might be a red flag to the admissions board (please help answer).
3. I have one F, and two W's on my transcript. Horrible I know...
4. I will be applying almost immediately after applications open.
5. I have half a year of work experience as a legal assistant. Nothing too fancy.

My top choices for where I'm gonna ED to are: UVA, Northwestern, and Georgetown. I'm leaning towards Georgetown since I have a better chance of getting accepted there.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Re: 2.95 GPA, 171 LSAT. Please chance me!

Post by KunAgnis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:56 am

You should have a dexent chance at UVA and NU, as I was waitlisted at both with the same LSAT and slightly lower GPA. And I had applied late into the cycle.

I personally think you should also apply to WashU at least as a back up for decent scholarship money, as splitter applications are more difficult to predict. You might not like your debt burdens at UVA or NU, or even GULC for instance.

superspitter

New

Post by superspitter » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:23 pm

KunAgnis wrote:You should have a dexent chance at UVA and NU, as I was waitlisted at both with the same LSAT and slightly lower GPA. And I had applied late into the cycle.

I personally think you should also apply to WashU at least as a back up for decent scholarship money, as splitter applications are more difficult to predict. You might not like your debt burdens at UVA or NU, or even GULC for instance.
Hi Kun, thanks for the feedback. Did any of them take you off the waitlist? Which school did you end up at?
And yep I'm definitely applying to WashU just in case nothing else pans out. As for debt, it's not really an issue because my family is willing to pay, thankfully. But it'd be nice to grab the full tuition from getting accepted ED to NU.

KunAgnis

Bronze

Post by KunAgnis » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:24 pm

superspitter wrote:
KunAgnis wrote:You should have a dexent chance at UVA and NU, as I was waitlisted at both with the same LSAT and slightly lower GPA. And I had applied late into the cycle.

Hi Kun, thanks for the feedback. Did any of them take you off the waitlist? Which school did you end up at?
And yep I'm definitely applying to WashU just in case nothing else pans out. As for debt, it's not really an issue because my family is willing to pay, thankfully. But it'd be nice to grab the full tuition from getting accepted ED to NU.
Admittedly neither did so I started at WashU. But I applied to NU in January and UVA around then. So I am pretty sure should you apply in September or October and interview decently that you should be in with some money. Now which one you choose is a personal decision based on debt aversion but yeah you should be fine imo.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”