3.0/high 170s Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rdj_is_my_binch

New

3.0/high 170s

Post by rdj_is_my_binch » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 pm

I haven't taken the LSAT officially, but I've taken many LSAT practice tests and my highest score has been a 179. I usually get mid-to-high 170s, and I realize that normal testing conditions (though I've tried to replicate them to the best of my ability) can knock people down a few or even many points.

However, if I manage to get a 178 or 179 on the "real" LSAT, what are my chances at a T-14 school with a 3.0 GPA from Sarah Lawrence? If my chances aren't great, what other schools should I be looking at? I'm also looking at UConn, since it's not too far from home and seems reputable, but I don't know that much more about it. I am especially interested in IP law, have always had a weird infatuation with contracts, and have (relatively, for an undergrad) very much and varied job and research experience.

uncle_rico

New

Re: 3.0/high 170s

Post by uncle_rico » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm

Most people “underperform” on the actual LSAT relative to their practice exams so you should really be looking after you have your best score in hand. You won’t have a shot at HYS with your GPA but (assuming you get a very high LSAT score) you should receive some acceptances from lower T14 schools looking to benefit from a high LSAT score. You should be able to get better guidance once you actually have a score but your cycle will be hard to predict given your (possible) extreme splitter status

Return to “What are my chances?”