3.1x GPA/ 170 LSAT / URM - T14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JRC1210

New

3.1x GPA/ 170 LSAT / URM - T14?

Post by JRC1210 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:41 pm

All, I’m wondering what my chances are at a top 14 school. I’m a splitter and I’m hoping my very unique personal statement (immigrant / low income background / encarcerated parent ) along with my very robust work experience ( I have been working since I’m 16 - now 26 - and have a history in social work and now do business development consulting for a Fortune 500 health insurance company ) will give me the edge. Additionally, I graduated with a masters in health administration with a 3.5 gpa.

I look forward to any thoughts or advice.

Bach-City

Bronze

Re: 3.1x GPA/ 170 LSAT / URM - T14?

Post by Bach-City » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 pm

JRC1210 wrote:All, I’m wondering what my chances are at a top 14 school. I’m a splitter and I’m hoping my very unique personal statement (immigrant / low income background / encarcerated parent ) along with my very robust work experience ( I have been working since I’m 16 - now 26 - and have a history in social work and now do business development consulting for a Fortune 500 health insurance company ) will give me the edge. Additionally, I graduated with a masters in health administration with a 3.5 gpa.

You're very competitive for a lot of the non-T6 and have an ok shot for the T6 depending on what kind of URM you are. Would you share?

JRC1210

New

Post by JRC1210 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Bach-City wrote:
JRC1210 wrote:All, I’m wondering what my chances are at a top 14 school. I’m a splitter and I’m hoping my very unique personal statement (immigrant / low income background / encarcerated parent ) along with my very robust work experience ( I have been working since I’m 16 - now 26 - and have a history in social work and now do business development consulting for a Fortune 500 health insurance company ) will give me the edge. Additionally, I graduated with a masters in health administration with a 3.5 gpa.

You're very competitive for a lot of the non-T6 and have an ok shot for the T6 depending on what kind of URM you are. Would you share?
I am Cuban so not a lot of lift, I’m afraid.

Bach-City

Bronze

Post by Bach-City » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 am

JRC1210 wrote:
Bach-City wrote:

I am Cuban so not a lot of lift, I’m afraid.
That's tough. I think you're good for the non t6. I'm a pasty white dude who got into Columbia with a 3.2/175. Would you consider retaking in September for a better T6 shot? Otherwise lower T14 seems very viable since URM + above median LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”