2.8x/173. chance me! Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Splitting8

New

2.8x/173. chance me!

Post by Splitting8 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Hello, where can I reasonably expect to have my cycle fall this upcoming year if say I blanket the non-T6, T25? For acceptances/WL/scholly offers... non-urm, 2 years WE, where should I apply? Want to clerk, work in public sector/govt.. Thanks for your thoughts!

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: 2.8x/173. chance me!

Post by sparkytrainer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:29 pm

I would skip HYS, but apply to the rest of the t13. All of them. Then I would apply to the strong regionals in the places you would like to live. Also throw in WUSTL because they have a tendency to give a full ride to anyone with a 170+. Your cycle will be unpredictable because of the bad GPA.

threelayerpsych

New

Post by threelayerpsych » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:31 pm

If you have extenuating circumstances you can address in an addendum, really make that story stand out. It will save your butt - trust me. Your cycle is going to be unpredictable; I would widen your range to Top 30, even Top 40 to ensure you can get the best scholarship as possible.

Personal philosophy: If you want public sector or gov't work, it doesn't matter where you go TBH. The market is saturated with public interest jobs begging for competent attorneys. Go to a cheaper regional school than investing in incredible debt. Clinics at your future law school usually groom students for careers in this field.

sparkytrainer

Silver

Post by sparkytrainer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:12 pm

threelayerpsych wrote:If you have extenuating circumstances you can address in an addendum, really make that story stand out. It will save your butt - trust me. Your cycle is going to be unpredictable; I would widen your range to Top 30, even Top 40 to ensure you can get the best scholarship as possible.

Personal philosophy: If you want public sector or gov't work, it doesn't matter where you go TBH. The market is saturated with public interest jobs begging for competent attorneys. Go to a cheaper regional school than investing in incredible debt. Clinics at your future law school usually groom students for careers in this field.

This is the second awful post you have made. Did you know over 40% of law graduates dont ever find work as a lawyer? The market isn't saturated with public interest jobs. It does matter where you go. If you want to go work in Alabama local government, then Alabama law at free is defensible. If you want to go do any federal government work, better go to a t13. Stop spreading bad advice.

Splitting8

New

Post by Splitting8 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:52 am

sparkytrainer wrote:
This is the second awful post you have made. Did you know over 40% of law graduates dont ever find work as a lawyer? The market isn't saturated with public interest jobs. It does matter where you go. If you want to go work in Alabama local government, then Alabama law at free is defensible. If you want to go do any federal government work, better go to a t13. Stop spreading bad advice.
And you think at least one t13 will take me even with the sub 3.0?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:37 am

Splitting8 wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
The medians have been plummeting. T13 schools would kill to have you. Columbia especially.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:42 pm

Splitting8 wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:
I have friend with that gpa at NU and a 170 lsat. She has a solid scholarship.

Splitting8

New

Post by Splitting8 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:39 am

carsondalywashere wrote:
Splitting8 wrote:
sparkytrainer wrote:

I have friend with that gpa at NU and a 170 lsat. She has a solid scholarship.
Wow was the scholarship just merit because of her lsat?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”