WUSTL MLS Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dropout

New

WUSTL MLS

Post by dropout » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:51 pm

I am applying for the masters in legal studies program at WUSTL Law School. I have read that the acceptance rate is below 20%, but there is no admissions test, or even letters of recommendation required. What would they be prioritizing in their decision process? I submitted 2 LOR and a lsat score (152) My UG GPA is a 3.3 and i have a 3.8 in an mba program right now. I work as a tutor and as a paralegal assistant. Do i stand a chance? The interview is tomorrow, which i was told is also simple. I have also applied to Drexel and i have been admitted to APU

dropout

New

Re: WUSTL MLS

Post by dropout » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:57 pm

I was rejected by WUSTL today. I am still waiting on Drexel. I got into APU already. APU's tuition is a third of drexels. Should i just settle for APU?

hoos89

Gold

Re: WUSTL MLS

Post by hoos89 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:14 pm

dropout wrote:I am applying for the masters in legal studies program at WUSTL Law School. I have read that the acceptance rate is below 20%, but there is no admissions test, or even letters of recommendation required. What would they be prioritizing in their decision process? I submitted 2 LOR and a lsat score (152) My UG GPA is a 3.3 and i have a 3.8 in an mba program right now. I work as a tutor and as a paralegal assistant. Do i stand a chance? The interview is tomorrow, which i was told is also simple. I have also applied to Drexel and i have been admitted to APU
Study for the LSAT and retake, next year if need be, and reapply. WUSTL would give you a pretty good scholarship if you get whatever their target median LSAT is (168 last cycle). Doubt you're getting a scholarship at Drexel given that you're below both medians, and there are close to 0 circumstances where Drexel at sticker makes any sense.

Also, IF you're able to get your LSAT into the high 160s/170s, you should apply more broadly next cycle: apply to every T20 school plus some good state/regional schools in area(s) you're interested in working. Ask for fee waivers to help defray the cost.

Return to “What are my chances?”