AA Female 3.88 GPA 169 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sierrarox101

New

AA Female 3.88 GPA 169 LSAT

Post by sierrarox101 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Hello everyone! I greatly appreciate any input, advice, or opinions that you have.

I have recently discovered my passion for and interest in obtaining a legal education. I am an African American female, rising senior and anthropology major at a Top 20 university. I have a 3.88 LSAC GPA and a 169 LSAT (although I am planning on re-taking it).

-I am producing an honors thesis, and have been a research assistant all 3 years of undergrad so far.
-I have given 2 conference presentations and I am the author of a published peer-reviewed paper
-I am heavily involved in leadership positions in 2 clubs including the production of an event to serve 5,000 homeless people. I'm a member in 1 more club.
-I have worked throughout the school year the past 3 years as well
-This summer I am working as a policy intern for a local nonprofit and an assistant at a big law firm, with the assistant position extending into the school year
-Letters of rec: 1 from the policy nonprofit organization & 1 from either the professor who is the advisor for my honors thesis (who is very well known in his field, he studies the anthropology of law) or the professor who I co-wrote the published paper with, I'm sure they will be high quality.
-Personal Statement: Pretty unique as I have a pretty interesting reason for wanting to go to law school and I plan to write diversity statements as well.
-I do not plan on taking time off as I am very driven and sure of what I would like to do.

Because my LSAT score is lower than I would like, I was wondering if I still have a shot at getting in with scholarships at T-14 schools as I would like to take out few loans as possible.

Thank you in advance!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Re: AA Female 3.88 GPA 169 LSAT

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:37 pm

You'll get T14 w/ $ for sure some. Even have a good shot at HYS

Check out mylsn.info

But here are your numbers plugged in!
http://mylsn.info/67eqvd/

ParisHilton

New

Post by ParisHilton » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Great shot everywhere (maybe unlikely at Y/S, but still a solid shot). Bring your LSAT up two points and I bet you get in to all three of HYS.

GFox345

Bronze

Post by GFox345 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Don't go to HYS. Go to MVP for free. Easily attainable with your numbers and URM status.

Wild Card

Silver

Post by Wild Card » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:19 pm

You should receive full scholarships at every law school where the median LSAT score is 169 or below.

You should be able to get into Yale, Harvard, or Stanford if your GPA is above their GPA median.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”