Rising Senior, 3.43 - 3.57 GPA, 172 LSAT, Wait? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Karebennian

New

Rising Senior, 3.43 - 3.57 GPA, 172 LSAT, Wait?

Post by Karebennian » Thu May 24, 2018 1:05 am

Hi everyone, I have been a long time lurker on this website, and this is my first post, so I apologize for any errors. I have just finished my junior year of undergrad, and am looking to begin applications for the next cycle as I move into my senior year, and I would like some advice from all of you!

Stats:
GPA: 3.43 - 3.5 - 3.57
LSAT: 172 (1 time)

I have two more semesters to boost my UGPA, and by my calculations, I should be graduating with a 3.57. I am also retaking my LSAT this September, to shoot for a 175+. My softs are average to below average, with highlights being internships at 2 different large business corporations (think Citi, Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse etc) and one other small firm. I am not an URM. Would it be worth it to delay my applications until after I graduate? The first semester of my senior year should be factored into my GPA as the semester ends around late October/early December, and my retake scores should be in as well. By the end of the first semester I will have a 3.5. My dream and target school is Columbia.

Thank you all in advance!

albanach

Gold

Re: Rising Senior, 3.43 - 3.57 GPA, 172 LSAT, Wait?

Post by albanach » Thu May 24, 2018 2:53 pm

Karebennian wrote: By the end of the first semester I will have a 3.5. My dream and target school is Columbia.
MyLSN isn't optimistic about you getting any money at Columbia with the predicted increased GPA andLSAT. Any chance you could find community college classes that would get you over a 3.6 gpa? Either way, lower in the T13/14 might be a better financial option unless someone else is paying.

Synapse2018

New

Post by Synapse2018 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 am

Take a year off, maybe go to an easy school and take up the 30 extra credit a if straight A’s. That should be enough to get you close to 3.7 lsac gpa since they include all undergraduate work.

dropout

New

Post by dropout » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:58 pm

Last I checked LSAC determines your gpa based only on classes earned before your first bachelors is awarded. So, you would have to put off graduation to accumulate credits that count. I wouldn't recommend it because it is playing the system and it may be looked down on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”