Canadian (Ontario) Law Schools - 155/3.9 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thedraper

New

Canadian (Ontario) Law Schools - 155/3.9

Post by thedraper » Tue May 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Hey guys,

My LSAT score is pretty disappointing at 155, and I know people are gonna say to re-write. I am debating whether or not I will, but I wanted to see what some think about these numbers.

My GPA is 3.9, which is why I am considering not re-writing the LSAT. However my EC's are not great. I only have one volunteer commitment currently. I have an internship with the Business Development Bank of Canada, which I would imagine should help my application.

Ultimately, is my GPA and internship enough to offset my crappy LSAT and EC's?

I want to go to Western, and ultimately work on Bay Street.

Any help would be great.

NoLongerALurker

Bronze

Re: Canadian (Ontario) Law Schools - 155/3.9

Post by NoLongerALurker » Tue May 22, 2018 11:07 pm

lawstudents.ca

But actually, you’re doing yourself a financial disservice to not rewrite, if only because you’ll probably get a scholarship at multiple Ontario schools with a higher LSAT.

Good luck though — and great GPA!

thedraper

New

Post by thedraper » Wed May 23, 2018 10:08 am

Thanks for the response.

I didn't consider getting a scholarship at all. What do you think my LSAT would have to be to get one?

Believe it or not re-writing the LSAT is actually lots of money for me. It works out to 300 CAD which is plenty when trying to keep up with rent and other stuff. I know 300 is small in the grand scheme of things, but still.

chenin_blanc

New

Post by chenin_blanc » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Retake. I understand and agree that $300 is a lot for a test. But $300 now is nothing compared to a loss of potentially +$100,000 in scholarship money over 3 years.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”