4.06 GPA, 169 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ohcanada0808

New

4.06 GPA, 169 LSAT

Post by ohcanada0808 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Hey everyone -new to this forum and looking for some advice. I'm Canadian and will be applying this fall. I've been more or less set on going to a Canadian school for the past couple of years, most likely the University of Toronto. However, considering the $35k price tag with financial aid of probably max 5-6k a year, I wanted to see what my chances were at getting into some T14 schools at around the same price point.

With a 4.06 and 169, where do I have good chances? Would I be likely to get enough $$ from any low T-14s that would make tuition fees comparable to what I'd be paying in Canada at UofT? I'm white, female, and LGBT in case that has any pull. Canadian schools don't seem to consider LGBT as a category for URM, not sure what the case is for US schools.

Thanks in advance for any help!

sparkytrainer

Silver

Re: 4.06 GPA, 169 LSAT

Post by sparkytrainer » Sun May 20, 2018 2:47 pm

LGBT is not an URM for US law school. You have a shot at some t13 law schools, but probably without much scholarship money. I know nothing about Canadian law, but if you want to practice there, it makes almost no sense to come to the US for law school.

Return to “What are my chances?”