4.0 , 175. NOTHING else. HYS? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Trader123

New

4.0 , 175. NOTHING else. HYS?

Post by Trader123 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:00 pm

I graduated college with a degee in finance six years ago. (4.0GPA). I'm taking the LSAT in June and consistently scoring 180 on timed practice exams, so I'm hoping this will translate to at least 175 in real life. Beyond this, I have nothing at all remarkable to offer on my applications. I was a customer service supervisor at a bank for a few years, and have since become a self employed stock trader (ie, I work alone). I can obtain 3 LOR, but it will be a struggle, and none will be at all remarkable. I have never saved the mayor's dog from a burning building or anything like that. Do I have any shot at HYS? Most importantly what can I do in the next four or five moths or so to increase my odds of acceptance? I only work about an hour a day, so I can do tons of volunteering (I'm willing to relocate to Africa, if necessary). Anthing in particular (volunteering, or otherwise) that would boost my application? Thanks so much for any help!

tl;dr: 4.0/175 , otherwise totally unremarkable. What can I do before application season to improve my chances at HYS? Thanks!

cannonballer

Bronze

Re: 4.0 , 175. NOTHING else. HYS?

Post by cannonballer » Sat May 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Don’t feed the troll :roll:

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Re: 4.0 , 175. NOTHING else. HYS?

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Sat May 19, 2018 9:25 pm

Chill, you're fine. There are plenty of people at HYS (esp. H because it's bigger and can't be as picky) that come from very regular jobs and don't have "saved the mayor's" dog resumes. If you find a cause that you're really passionate about and want to spend some time on it, go for it. Otherwise, don't worry about it. You can't do much now, and you're in a fine position. Get a great LSAT, and you've got a great chance at H and a very realistic shot at SY.

Return to “What are my chances?”