3.6/168 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ELENAJOE

New

3.6/168

Post by ELENAJOE » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 pm

What are my chances getting into Georgetown if:
- 3.6 GPA
-168 LSAT
-Economic development intern for city as freshman
-Intern at Governor's office as freshman, then they hired me as a sophomore (worked there for 18 months)
-I am interning at a think tank in DC researching and writing papers on criminal justice reform
-Public Relations Director of a branch of student gov
-Completed a research certification program at my university
-I will be a research assistant in the fall for a professor on health care policy

For my personal statement, I am going to write about growing up with and taking care of an alcoholic and abusive parent and how that effected me from a young age until now.

ExperssioUnius

Bronze

Re: 3.6/168

Post by ExperssioUnius » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:30 am

You have a fairly competitive application for Georgetown. Probably also for a few school just above Georgetown in the rankings. How does your GPA compare to the average GPA of people in your major and what quality undergrad institution do you attend?

A word of caution on the personal statement, while it could be a very strong statement the topic does come with some risk depending on how it is written and phrased. With you stats, I'm not sure it is worth the risk but others may differ on that. Consider running a draft of your statement by someone at your undergrad institution familiar with the law school admission process.

Return to “What are my chances?”