Disciplinary Record Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tmariaram

New

Disciplinary Record

Post by tmariaram » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 am

Hey guys, Im currently an undergrad looking into law school. However, I do have a charge on my disciplinary record for possession of alcohol. How much is this going to hurt my chances of getting into law school?

ExperssioUnius

Bronze

Re: Disciplinary Record

Post by ExperssioUnius » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 am

I know a few people with similar offenses in their record who got into T-14 schools. If the rest of your application is competitive, your grades during the semester it happened don't suggest a bigger problem, and you don't have any other red flags in your application then it won't be a big deal. You may consider writing a brief addendum statement explaining the situation. If it was a criminal conviction (sounds more like a school proceeding from your post) you also might consider seeing if you can get the conviction expunged (although you likely will still need to report it).

thegrayman

Silver

Re: Disciplinary Record

Post by thegrayman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:45 pm

Schools care about it in the sense of it impacting your ability to get your license. As long as you have a good explanation and show that you've matured since then and it won't happen again, you should be alright. Just give them the facts, you don't want to go overboard with your explanation.

Return to “What are my chances?”