Splitter: 3.19 GPA, LSAT 172, Active duty military service Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
psj9004

New

Splitter: 3.19 GPA, LSAT 172, Active duty military service

Post by psj9004 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:31 am

Hello guys, It's my first time posting on the TLS. I am always appreciating the abundance of knowledge and inputs.
So here are my stats: 3.19 GPA (LSAC), 172 LSAT, 4 years of Active duty Military service (U.S. Army)
I know I am a splitter, and I know HYS would be out of my reach, but do I have any chance at CCNs and the rest of the T14?
I am using the GI Bill+Yellow Ribbon, so the money is not my concern at all. my preferred schools are NYU and Columbia due to location. Is ED a viable option for me?

thank you for your time.

Cobretti

Gold

Re: Splitter: 3.19 GPA, LSAT 172, Active duty military service

Post by Cobretti » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:09 pm

ED is very viable if you're 100% GI Bill/YRP. I graduated a couple years ago so my info could be out of date, but I think UPenn has a non-trivial boost and is also fairly splitter friendly, so that could be a good target for you (I think NYU has an ED program but it isn't much of a boost and they are less splitter friendly). Your GPA might be a little low for the T6 but you definitely have enough of a shot that you should apply to CLS and NYU if that's your target. Either way, you will do very well at the lower T-14 with your numbers, and if you ultimately want to wind up in NY biglaw you should be fine at any of those schools.

YMMV but in my experience as a veteran splitter I didn't really hit on any of my reach schools that weren't known to be splitter friendly, but landed at lower T-14 just fine. So don't get your hopes up that you'll outperform your numbers because of your service, but don't sweat it either.

Return to “What are my chances?”