3.69, 169+, URM, Possible Non-trad(?) Chances at T14 and others? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
familyman94

New

3.69, 169+, URM, Possible Non-trad(?) Chances at T14 and others?

Post by familyman94 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:45 am

Hi all,

I am new to these forums. To give some background, I graduated with my BS in Chemistry, overall GPA being 3.699. I scored 165 on my first LSAT diagnostic test with no prior studying whatsoever. I am confident that I can score in the 167-172 range with prep; I have a job in which I have hours upon hours of down time in which I just recently began studying for the LSAT. I plan on studying at least 2 hours a day for the next 3 months and am optimistic about the June exam. [I consistently score high on standardized tests, including a 99th percentile score on the ACT (did not take SAT).] I am therefore confident that I can score a 169+, and maybe even achieve a score in the low 170's by the time applications open.

I am considered to be a URM, since I am Hispanic (I look white, but who cares). Mexican American, specifically.

I may be a non-traditional student; I am not sure. I just turned 24, and my serious girlfriend and I already have a 1-year old baby, and she is pregnant with another (due in September :) ). So, I am not sure if that makes me a non-trad, but I thought I would throw that out there. It will definitely give me some serious life experience to draw on while completing the application. I believe that I am mature beyond my age and can offer a unique perspective to law school admission committees.

I would like to know my chances at what I guess is called the T14 including Yale, Stanford, Harvard, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Penn, Michigan, UVA, Duke, Northwestern, Berkeley, Cornell, UT Austin, as well as Vanderbilt, WUSTL, USC, and UCLA.

Thank you!

Return to “What are my chances?”