Non-trad, Masters degree, 3.7/165 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
DearJurisprudence

New

Non-trad, Masters degree, 3.7/165

Post by DearJurisprudence » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi all,

I will be a non-trad law student in my late 30s. I have a 3.7 GPA and a master's degree in a humanities field from Harvard. I am currently in an upper management role in a legal-related non-profit. I will be taking the LSAT in June and applying to schools in the fall. I've been PTing around 162 and hope to bring that up as much as possible in the next 4 months of study -- I'm shooting for 170, but realistically might land in the mid-upper 160s. I'm pursuing corporate/non-profit law, am open to gov't work too, and have significant ties to both Boston and D.C.

Currently on my list: Harvard, UVA, GULC, Vandy, BC, BU, GW.

Can anyone chance me? Does anyone have suggestions for schools not currently on my list that would feed into one or both of my target markets? Thanks TLS! 8)

cuzzydunlop

New

Re: Non-trad, Masters degree, 3.7/165

Post by cuzzydunlop » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Focus on getting the best LSAT score possible and forget about chances until you have that score. You can significantly bump up your score in 4 months. I bumped mine up 13 pts from the Sept 17 to the Dec 17 test. As it stands now, it's going to be very tough to crack Harvard in the 162-165 range.

Return to “What are my chances?”