Deleted. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Aspire2bEsquire

New

Deleted.

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:40 pm

Last edited by Aspire2bEsquire on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Graybrow

New

Re: 162 / 3.0 / URM T14/ Non Traditional

Post by Graybrow » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:46 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:Posting after reviewing the standard sites. I noticed that I have been waitlisted at several schools (T20) and ghosted by others, even though those with similar stats were admitted. Happy that I haven't been outright denied, but curious if chances are realistic. Applied using fee waivers. 162 is my retake score. Already admitted into other schools.

Softs: 10 years of work experience. Self published author. Master's degree (3.5).

Any feedback helps (except "retake").
Yeah, except you should retake, and maybe re-write your app too if other people in similar positions have been admitted.

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Graybrow wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:Posting after reviewing the standard sites. I noticed that I have been waitlisted at several schools (T20) and ghosted by others, even though those with similar stats were admitted. Happy that I haven't been outright denied, but curious if chances are realistic. Applied using fee waivers. 162 is my retake score. Already admitted into other schools.

Softs: 10 years of work experience. Self published author. Master's degree (3.5).

Yeah, except you should retake, and maybe re-write your app too if other people in similar positions have been admitted.
Not retaking. There is just not enough data for people with my numbers...

FN-2187

Bronze

Post by FN-2187 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:53 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
When applicants struggle to find data with their numbers it usually means 1) the applicant is an extreme splitter, 2) the lack of available data reflects how applicants with similar numbers did not bother applying, or 3) applicants did not bother to share their cycle outcomes. The last two tend to mean that the applicants probably retook, decided to forgo school, or attended a law school they rather not share on LSN or TLS (or reddit).

PS I'm generalizing
Last edited by FN-2187 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

CT6

New

Post by CT6 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:06 pm

TBH, all anyone on here is gonna tell you is to retake. The only alternative at this point would be to ride out the wait lists...if you get into a school you want to attend, then great. If not, I'd spend time overhauling my apps (PS, DS, Why X...maybe revisit recs too) and apply next cycle if you're set on not retaking.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:37 pm

FN-2187 wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
When applicants struggle to find data with their numbers it usually means 1) the applicant is an extreme splitter, 2) the lack of available data reflects how applicants with similar numbers did not bother applying, or 3) applicants did not bother to share their cycle outcomes. The last two tend to mean that the applicants probably retook, decided to forgo school, or attended a law school they rather not share on LSN or TLS (or reddit).

PS I'm generalizing
Thank you for this. I figured someone on this site may have a perspective that could not be gleaned from the standard go to sources.

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:39 pm

CT6 wrote:TBH, all anyone on here is gonna tell you is to retake. The only alternative at this point would be to ride out the wait lists...if you get into a school you want to attend, then great. If not, I'd spend time overhauling my apps (PS, DS, Why X...maybe revisit recs too) and apply next cycle if you're set on not retaking.
Looking for feedback for stats as is. I have been accepted into other schools so I will not be waiting a cycle. Thank you for your response.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:41 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
CT6 wrote:TBH, all anyone on here is gonna tell you is to retake. The only alternative at this point would be to ride out the wait lists...if you get into a school you want to attend, then great. If not, I'd spend time overhauling my apps (PS, DS, Why X...maybe revisit recs too) and apply next cycle if you're set on not retaking.
Looking for feedback for stats as is. I have been accepted into other schools so I will not be waiting a cycle. Thank you for your response.
Well, you've gotten your feedback for your current stats. If you don't need a T13 degree (or a decent regional school for free), then you do you. It's probably not going to be the best decision you've ever made, but if you don't want to follow advice, there's no point in continually asking for it.

FN-2187

Bronze

Post by FN-2187 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:47 pm

If you want to make the [collection of future data for applicants with your stats] a better place, take a look at yourself, and make a change [by creating and updating an LSN profile (with a different username that TLS if you want) if you haven't already done so].

- Michael Jackson
Last edited by FN-2187 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:48 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
Well, you've gotten your feedback for your current stats. If you don't need a T13 degree (or a decent regional school for free), then you do you. It's probably not going to be the best decision you've ever made, but if you don't want to follow advice, there's no point in continually asking for it.
Maybe you misunderstood my intent with this post.

This is my first post. There's is no "continually."

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:49 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
Maybe you misunderstood my intent with this post.

This is my first post. There's is no "continually."
Yet within this thread, you have continually refused to consider any advice that involves retaking, which is literally the only thing you can do (based on the info we have) to improve your results.

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:51 pm

FN-2187 wrote:If you want to make the [collection of future data for applicants with your stats] a better place, take a look at yourself, and make a change [by creating and updating an LSN profile (with a different username that TLS if you want) if you haven't already done so].

- Michael Jackson
I've done that. Reviewed mylsn as well. I posted here because the numbers seemed to be hit or miss for my stats.

cuzzydunlop

New

Post by cuzzydunlop » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
Graybrow wrote:

...there are plenty of data points for people with your numbers. You're not in splitter territory. Your LSAT is ok, but not good enough to wash your GPA out and being a self-published author is hardly a notable soft. I can publish a book on Amazon right now.

If people with similar numbers to you are getting into T13 (there probably aren't many of them), they likely have some spectacular soft that you lack, or, your application (i.e. Personal Statement, LORs) is really poor.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TripleM

Bronze

Post by TripleM » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:17 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but is seems as though you want to know if you have a significant shot at making it off the waitlist. No, you don't. Most people on waitlists do not make it off. I'm not going to restate the very, very good advice you've received here. I will say that as a splitter URM who took the advice of others InRe LSATs I received multiple offers from T14 and every one of them offered enough money to bring the annual COA below 20k. PM me if you're interested in having a discussion that explores all possibilities, otherwise, best of luck with the rest of your cycle.

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:07 pm

TripleM wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but is seems as though you want to know if you have a significant shot at making it off the waitlist. No, you don't. Most people on waitlists do not make it off. I'm not going to restate the very, very good advice you've received here. I will say that as a splitter URM who took the advice of others InRe LSATs I received multiple offers from T14 and every one of them offered enough money to bring the annual COA below 20k. PM me if you're interested in having a discussion that explores all possibilities, otherwise, best of luck with the rest of your cycle.
Thank you for this! Will PM.

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:27 pm

cuzzydunlop wrote:
Aspire2bEsquire wrote:
Graybrow wrote:

...there are plenty of data points for people with your numbers. You're not in splitter territory. Your LSAT is ok, but not good enough to wash your GPA out and being a self-published author is hardly a notable soft. I can publish a book on Amazon right now.

If people with similar numbers to you are getting into T13 (there probably aren't many of them), they likely have some spectacular soft that you lack, or, your application (i.e. Personal Statement, LORs) is really poor.
Thank you for your honest feedback.

I was basing the returns on the mylsn.info site as far as the t14. I didn't see that many applications updated for those schools (for URM only). I do have other softs, which is why I think I was waitlisted rather than completely denied.

If I seem defensive, it is because I am unable to retake but...that was the first response I received.

My stats are also similar to someone who does not use this site. We both have spent time in DC (re: softs) and this information will be passed to her as well.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:14 am

I can think of few ways that someone is unable to retake while still maintaining the ability to attend law school in the fall

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:32 am

Good to know.

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks for the responses. Taking information into consideration.

cuzzydunlop

New

Re: Deleted.

Post by cuzzydunlop » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:42 am

Just a word of caution on softs -- everyone thinks they have strong softs. Compared to the competitive applicant pool for T13's, "strong softs" are truly outstanding things. Work experience, etc are not really strong softs. They'll only move the needle if it's you vs. a K-JD with the same stats.

Aspire2bEsquire

New

Re: Deleted.

Post by Aspire2bEsquire » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:06 pm

cuzzydunlop wrote:Just a word of caution on softs -- everyone thinks they have strong softs. Compared to the competitive applicant pool for T13's, "strong softs" are truly outstanding things. Work experience, etc are not really strong softs. They'll only move the needle if it's you vs. a K-JD with the same stats.
That makes sense. Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”