171, 3.16, just okay WE/softs. Lower T-14 possible? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
laxxin

New

171, 3.16, just okay WE/softs. Lower T-14 possible?

Post by laxxin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Like the title says, what do you guys think my chances are for schools like Michigan, Northwestern, and UVA? What about UCLA and Vandy?
Submitted apps in early January.
My work experience is one year working at a law firm as a legal assistant and a couple different political internships. I also worked throughout college at a restaurant but I don't think that's relevant.

Thanks everyone.

icechicken

Bronze

Re: 171, 3.16, just okay WE/softs. Lower T-14 possible?

Post by icechicken » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:35 pm

You could plausibly sneak into any of Michigan/Northwestern/Virginia but, as a splitter, applying in January hurts you a bit. Wouldn't be too surprised if you strike out, frankly.

Your chances are somewhat better at UCLA/Vandy but I wouldn't expect a ton of scholarship money (same goes for the above three, naturally).

If you don't like your outcomes you could probably improve them substantially by working for another year and applying at the start of the next cycle. Tacking a few more points onto that LSAT wouldn't hurt either (and could bring NYU, Duke, etc. into play) but you'll see diminishing returns now that you're past 170.

Cogburn1984

New

Post by Cogburn1984 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:19 pm

laxxin wrote:Like the title says, what do you guys think my chances are for schools like Michigan, Northwestern, and UVA? What about UCLA and Vandy?
My work experience is one year working at a law firm as a legal assistant and a couple different political internships. I also worked throughout college at a restaurant but I don't think that's relevant.

Thanks everyone.
Splitter cycles cannot be predicted with any real accuracy.

I think it's fair to say applying this late will have a measurably bad impact on your admission/scholarship chances at every school you listed.

Also, I have nearly identical numbers and our life experiences sound EERILY similar (although I imagine that path is not uncommon). I'd be interested in following your cycle on lawschoolnumbers if you have a profile.

laxxin

New

Post by laxxin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:41 pm

Cogburn1984 wrote:
laxxin wrote:Like the title says, what do you guys think my chances are for schools like Michigan, Northwestern, and UVA? What about UCLA and Vandy?

Thanks everyone.
Splitter cycles cannot be predicted with any real accuracy.

I think it's fair to say applying this late will have a measurably bad impact on your admission/scholarship chances at every school you listed.

Also, I have nearly identical numbers and our life experiences sound EERILY similar (although I imagine that path is not uncommon). I'd be interested in following your cycle on lawschoolnumbers if you have a profile.
Thanks for the response. I know submitting late may have hurt me but I’m hoping to sneak in to at least one of those schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”