Help With Negotiation WashU Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
playmaker093

New

Help With Negotiation WashU

Post by playmaker093 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello,

I was accepted to Wash U a couple weeks ago and received about a 65% scholarship. Curious on tips for negotiating this in the future? What schools would give me negotiation power? I've gotten into Georgetown and Vandy so far and have yet to be rejected anywhere but I'm sure its coming. 3.94 168. I'm from the Midwest (Missouri) and would truly love to go to WashU if I got a little more money.

Platopus

Gold

Re: Help With Negotiation WashU

Post by Platopus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:30 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

playmaker093

New

Post by playmaker093 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:33 pm

Just to be clear, I have no huge objection with retaking. I scored around my average PTs. I just have no overwhelming desire to end up in any market on the east coast so I'm not sure I really need to spend an immense amount of time studying to retake or sit out a cycle.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:45 am

Hitting them with Northwestern and Michigan money will be best.
I don't see them holding firm given your numbers. Push for a full ride when you have offers to work with. Be persistent.

You should apply to Cornell if you haven't.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:25 pm

You're within full ride territory (at least the 150k scholarship). If you're willing to retake, you can shoot for 170+ for big money at Northwestern or U Chicago, since you want to be in the Midwest.

You'll most likely get into Northwestern, so wait and see how much money they offer you. It's possible to get into U Chicago as well, but I don't know if you're likely to get any money from them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”