Just really anxious lately. 167, 3.23 chances for Vanderbilt Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
CADM1UM

New

Just really anxious lately. 167, 3.23 chances for Vanderbilt

Post by CADM1UM » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm sure this happens to loads of people but lately after submitting my applications I've been really anxious about my potential results. My first choice is far and away Vanderbilt and it's my dream. I've obviously gone on MyLSN and stuff like that but I selfishly felt the need to come on here to get validation or something despite not being a unique applicant.

Stats are 167 and 3.23, K-JD, average softs, pretty good PS, should be really good recs

Obviously one question I have is, what are my chances? But another is, is there anything I can do right now to increase my chances of getting in? I know when on the waitlist it is important to send a LOCI stating how you really want to attend but is there anything similar to do before decisions?

Sorry for having to read through my paranoid ramblings lol

icechicken

Bronze

Re: Just really anxious lately. 167, 3.23 chances for Vanderbilt

Post by icechicken » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:55 pm

CADM1UM wrote:Obviously one question I have is, what are my chances?
You have a legit shot but probably no better than a coin flip's chance given your numbers and background.
But another is, is there anything I can do right now to increase my chances of getting in?
Retaking the LSAT in February would be the obvious option here. With a 169 you'd be nearly a shoo-in. Meanwhile, try to get the best senior-year grades possible. You probably can't improve your GPA enough to make a huge difference at this point but adcomms like to see an upward trend.

Good luck!

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:17 am

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:04 am

Retake the LSAT. Also, work for a couple of years before law school. If attending Vanderbilt still seems like your dream then, you can still go.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”