*deleted* Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

*deleted*

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:25 am

*deleted*
Last edited by lawschoolgirl312 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: 165, 3.56 - ED to USC

Post by UVA2B » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 am

What are your long-term goals?

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:29 am

Biglaw, ideally in California and do IP law

i already applied ED, so i just would like to know what you think my chances are

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:31 am

No one can help you then. You've already applied, and you've committed to attending if you get in.

I sincerely hope you're patent bar eligible, because that will at least increase your chances of getting a job that can service full price at USC.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:34 am

if you're not going to be helpful, please don't comment.

I'm asking for my chances of getting accepted into USC ED with the numbers I have. There is limited data on mysln and lawschoolnumbers

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 am

My last comment, I promise.

You've already accessed the sources anyone could reasonably access to assess your chances of getting into USC with an ED. So what are you asking that would be genuinely new from what you've already looked at in your research?

I'm struggling to imagine what information you're hoping people will provide. Are you imagining a grass roots confirmation that people with your numbers will get in to USC with an ED? Or are you looking for everyone to baselessly suggest (considering none of us have better data than LSN) that you have a ~65% chance of getting into USC with an ED?

I'm trying to be helpful, but you've done everything anyone here would reasonably do to help you, yet you're hoping there is some other wealth of info that isn't otherwise available.

That said, I'm sorry you won't get a more accurate answer to your question. I hope it's not too disappointing.

ETA: Because you didn't address my point about being patent bar eligible, I want to do that directly. If you're eligible for the patent bar, then you can reasonably adjust your expectations for Biglaw in CA, within reason based on the schools. That doesn't mean it's in any way guaranteed, but you are reasonably more assured of the outcome you want if you have the patent bar credential. But if you're looking to do copyright or trademark, sorry. That won't end well for you more than likely from USC.

slurp

New

Post by slurp » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:03 am

Considering USC ED admission now comes with at least half tuition scholarship, I'd say your chances are around 35-50% (no data or info to back this up, strictly speculation)

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:37 am

How will this be helpful?

You haven't provided any extra data that might help people go beyond the limited information available on MyLSN, and you've already applied. Even if someone could provide you with some new insight into your chances, it wouldn't have any effect on your outcome, because your application is already in.

silenttimer

Bronze

Post by silenttimer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:29 am

cavalier1138 wrote:How will this be helpful?

You haven't provided any extra data that might help people go beyond the limited information available on MyLSN, and you've already applied. Even if someone could provide you with some new insight into your chances, it wouldn't have any effect on your outcome, because your application is already in.
To be fair to the OP, sometimes people come on this board to ask questions to lessen anxiety while waiting, hoping to find people with a similar app that had a positive outcome. No need to shut it down so quickly. Sometimes people don't want the infinite wisdom from TLS, but just want to know what his or her chances are or whether there are folks who could provide any additional info beyond LSN.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:38 am

silenttimer wrote:

To be fair to the OP, sometimes people come on this board to ask questions to lessen anxiety while waiting, hoping to find people with a similar app that had a positive outcome. No need to shut it down so quickly. Sometimes people don't want the infinite wisdom from TLS, but just want to know what his or her chances are or whether there are folks who could provide any additional info beyond LSN.
I'm sure some people do. But if you want info beyond what LSN provides, you have to provide more info to work with.

silenttimer

Bronze

Post by silenttimer » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:18 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
silenttimer wrote:

I'm sure some people do. But if you want info beyond what LSN provides, you have to provide more info to work with.
Why isn't the stat enough? The question is about chances and not whether she should go to law school, whether such a decision is a good idea, or whether she can expect scholarship. Perhaps there are folks on this board with similar a stat who applied ED to USC who got in with a scholarship, but does not have LSN profile. That person's input surely would be relevant to the OP, no?

icechicken

Bronze

Post by icechicken » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:56 pm

silenttimer wrote:Perhaps there are folks on this board with similar a stat who applied ED to USC who got in with a scholarship, but does not have LSN profile. That person's input surely would be relevant to the OP, no?
Random anecdotes would probably cloud OP's assessment of their chances because the sample would be tiny (0-2 people most likely) and biased (this forum is probably dominated by a certain kind of law-school applicant).

edited to add: For what it's worth, OP's chances are fairly good with those numbers, and the reasons to believe otherwise would involve red flags; that is, more than just their stats.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:16 pm

I'm not even sure why OP cites a lack of data. LSN graph for acceptances for the past two cycles shows pretty clearly that folk are admitted around those numbers, though they're at the bottom left of the non-URM admits. Change the graph to show rejections and they're at the top-right. Unsurprisingly for waitlisted applicants, they come somewhere in the middle.

I think that tells you everything you need. OP is right on the cusp and the cycle could go either way, though more likely to be a waitlist than a straight rejection. If the earlier poster is correct in that ED acceptance comes with $$$, I'd think that might skew towards a waitlist. If ED came with sticker, I'd think that weights towards acceptance at sticker.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”