3.74/166 Chances at Vandy, Cornell, Georgetown Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BigDean

New

3.74/166 Chances at Vandy, Cornell, Georgetown

Post by BigDean » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi all,

Highest LSAT is a 166. I studied for a while and realistically don't know how much higher I can go. Maybe a point or 2 (which I know is huge for these schools) 3.74 GPA with 3 years work experience. Average softs with a well-written PS. Non-URM. What are my chances at Vandy, Cornell, and Georgetown?

cavalier1138

Re: 3.74/166 Chances at Vandy, Cornell, Georgetown

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Good chance at Vanderbilt, meh-to-less-than-meh chances at Cornell and Georgetown.

Why are you asking about these three schools in particular?

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:05 pm

BigDean

New

Post by BigDean » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:15 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Good chance at Vanderbilt, meh-to-less-than-meh chances at Cornell and Georgetown.

Just trying to get a feel of where I stand and what schools I have a decent shot at. I figure most of (if not all) the T14 is out of reach for me without a higher LSAT so I was curious what chances were at these schools, all of which place relatively well.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:16 pm

BigDean wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:Good chance at Vanderbilt, meh-to-less-than-meh chances at Cornell and Georgetown.

Just trying to get a feel of where I stand and what schools I have a decent shot at. I figure most of (if not all) the T14 is out of reach for me without a higher LSAT so I was curious what chances were at these schools, all of which place relatively well.
I mean, they all place well relative to some metric of "good placement," but that isn't exactly a reason to focus on them. What would a school with good job placement look like for you? What do you want to do with your degree?

BigDean

New

Post by BigDean » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:24 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
BigDean wrote:

I mean, they all place well relative to some metric of "good placement," but that isn't exactly a reason to focus on them. What would a school with good job placement look like for you? What do you want to do with your degree?

Truthfully at this point I'm not totally sure. At my current job I've had the opportunity to work with some government attorneys (both state-level and federal) and they all really enjoy their jobs and work on interesting cases and issues. On the other hand working for a large firm is appealing and while I'm not settled on that, I wouldn't mind going to a school where that's a realistic option and not just for the very very top of the class. Obviously I'm not only applying to these schools and I currently have a mix of schools through the T20-T50 that I also plan on applying to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”