AA male splitter.. where to apply Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Robert47

New

AA male splitter.. where to apply

Post by Robert47 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Graduated May 2017 with 2.7 undergrad Gpa and a 168 LSAT. African American male, upward trend in Gpa, lots of volunteer work, college athlete, legal internship.. looking for insight into Chances at a decent law school. I want to work in a major city (ny, la, D.C.,Chicago, etc.). Any info helps. Thanks!

UVA2B

Gold

Re: AA male splitter.. where to apply

Post by UVA2B » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:26 pm

You're a URM splitter. Apply to the T13 from Columbia-Cornell and see what happens. You'll need to apply broadly to maximize your options.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:29 pm

UVA2B wrote:You're a URM splitter. Apply to the T13 from Columbia-Cornell and see what happens. You'll need to apply broadly to maximize your options.
I think this is good advice, except you'd probably be better off applying to Columbia-T20. Your cycle is largely unpredictable, given your GPA. Good luck!
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:31 pm

runinthefront wrote:
UVA2B wrote:You're a URM splitter. Apply to the T13 from Columbia-Cornell and see what happens. You'll need to apply broadly to maximize your options.
I think this is good advice, except you'd probably be better off applying to Columbia-T20. Your cycle is largely unpredictable, given your GPA. Good luck!
Fair, I was arbitrarily limiting to schools that could place in all of those cities instead of placing into one or two of them.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 pm

UVA2B wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
Fair, I was arbitrarily limiting to schools that could place in all of those cities instead of placing into one or two of them.
OP will almost certainly need to leverage offers w/$ at lower T20 schools for acceptance into some T13 schools. That LSAT for an AA will be highly sought after, but the GPA will probably turn a few noses. Regardless of whether he's willing to actually matriculate at some schools, he should spend the extra $ and cast a wide net.
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert47

New

Post by Robert47 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:51 pm

runinthefront wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
runinthefront wrote:
OP will almost certainly need to leverage offers w/$ at lower T20 schools for acceptance into some T13 schools. That LSAT for an AA will be highly sought after, but the GPA will probably turn a few noses. Regardless of whether he's willing to actually matriculate at some schools, he should spend the extra $ and cast a wide net.
My concern was that T20 would be out of the question due to my low gpa. Hopefully I can get a T13 to bite. Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”