3.5/177 - wasting my money on Harvard? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Hstrat

Bronze

3.5/177 - wasting my money on Harvard?

Post by Hstrat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:09 pm

I realize that probably the smallest cost in the entire law school experience is the application cost, but I still don't want to throw over $100 away on an application that has no shot. I'm not applying to Yale/Stanford for this reason. Harvard seems a little more iffy - do you think there's any chance I'd get accepted?

Non-URM, 2 years WE, average softs.

Delano

New

Re: 3.5/177 - wasting my money on Harvard?

Post by Delano » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:16 pm

It's not likely, but H has accepted several 3.5xs in recent cycles according to LSN. I'd still throw in an app.

rictheruler

New

Post by rictheruler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Similar numbers, and I definitely think it's worth applying. While the data set is small, mylsn gives us somewhere around a 30% chance of admission, which is well worth the shot IMO. Are you on law school numbers? I'd be interested to see how your cycle turns out.

mcmand

Silver

Post by mcmand » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:50 pm

I second other posters saying you should apply.

Also, re: Yale and Stanford, the data does look worse on MyLSN, but it's still just a handful of people with similar stats as yours. Normally I'm not about betting on being the exception, but a 177 LSAT is going to give you a far better chance than anyone else with your GPA. If you are absolutely dying to go to Yale or Stanford, and if you can budget it, I don't see the big harm in seeing whether you can beat the odds. It's up to you if you want to spend the money.
Last edited by mcmand on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:26 pm

Yes you should apply; you definitely wouldn't be wasting your money. I had your same stats and got in. I was also poor, and chose not to spend the money applying to Y.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hstrat

Bronze

Post by Hstrat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:36 am

rictheruler wrote:Similar numbers, and I definitely think it's worth applying. While the data set is small, mylsn gives us somewhere around a 30% chance of admission, which is well worth the shot IMO. Are you on law school numbers? I'd be interested to see how your cycle turns out.
Thanks Rictheruler, I decided to go for it and submitted the app a few days ago. I am on LSN, same username. Are you?

rictheruler

New

Post by rictheruler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Hstrat wrote:
rictheruler wrote:Similar numbers, and I definitely think it's worth applying. While the data set is small, mylsn gives us somewhere around a 30% chance of admission, which is well worth the shot IMO. Are you on law school numbers? I'd be interested to see how your cycle turns out.
Thanks Rictheruler, I decided to go for it and submitted the app a few days ago. I am on LSN, same username. Are you?
Yep, same username as well. I followed you. Weird that you didn't come up when I did a GPA/ LSAT search. Anyways, good luck!

hamshotfirst

New

Post by hamshotfirst » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:03 am

Hstrat wrote:
Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”