3.5/177 - wasting my money on Harvard?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Hstrat

3.5/177 - wasting my money on Harvard?

Postby Hstrat » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:09 pm

I realize that probably the smallest cost in the entire law school experience is the application cost, but I still don't want to throw over $100 away on an application that has no shot. I'm not applying to Yale/Stanford for this reason. Harvard seems a little more iffy - do you think there's any chance I'd get accepted?

Non-URM, 2 years WE, average softs.

Delano

Re: 3.5/177 - wasting my money on Harvard?

Postby Delano » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:16 pm

It's not likely, but H has accepted several 3.5xs in recent cycles according to LSN. I'd still throw in an app.

rictheruler

Postby rictheruler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Similar numbers, and I definitely think it's worth applying. While the data set is small, mylsn gives us somewhere around a 30% chance of admission, which is well worth the shot IMO. Are you on law school numbers? I'd be interested to see how your cycle turns out.

mcmand

Postby mcmand » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:50 pm

I second other posters saying you should apply.

Also, re: Yale and Stanford, the data does look worse on MyLSN, but it's still just a handful of people with similar stats as yours. Normally I'm not about betting on being the exception, but a 177 LSAT is going to give you a far better chance than anyone else with your GPA. If you are absolutely dying to go to Yale or Stanford, and if you can budget it, I don't see the big harm in seeing whether you can beat the odds. It's up to you if you want to spend the money.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:26 pm

Yes you should apply; you definitely wouldn't be wasting your money. I had your same stats and got in. I was also poor, and chose not to spend the money applying to Y.

Hstrat

Postby Hstrat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:36 am

rictheruler wrote:Similar numbers, and I definitely think it's worth applying. While the data set is small, mylsn gives us somewhere around a 30% chance of admission, which is well worth the shot IMO. Are you on law school numbers? I'd be interested to see how your cycle turns out.

Thanks Rictheruler, I decided to go for it and submitted the app a few days ago. I am on LSN, same username. Are you?

rictheruler

Postby rictheruler » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Hstrat wrote:
rictheruler wrote:Similar numbers, and I definitely think it's worth applying. While the data set is small, mylsn gives us somewhere around a 30% chance of admission, which is well worth the shot IMO. Are you on law school numbers? I'd be interested to see how your cycle turns out.

Thanks Rictheruler, I decided to go for it and submitted the app a few days ago. I am on LSN, same username. Are you?

Yep, same username as well. I followed you. Weird that you didn't come up when I did a GPA/ LSAT search. Anyways, good luck!

hamshotfirst

Postby hamshotfirst » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:03 am

Hstrat wrote:

Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”