deleted Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
LawSchoolBound18

New

deleted

Post by LawSchoolBound18 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Last edited by LawSchoolBound18 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

AaronCarter

Bronze

Re: AA Female; 3.26 GPA/170 LSAT

Post by AaronCarter » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:29 am

LawSchoolBound18 wrote:-166 on my first try in June, then a 170 in September
- writing a GPA addendum for my 3.26 at a top 20 University.
-During undergrad I interned for a major Fortune 500, once for the VP, and then the Chief Counsel two summers later, along with a summer interning with a criminal defense attorney.
-After I graduated in 2016, I went straight into an internship on Capitol Hill for a U.S. House Committee, where I was later hired and where I remain, having since received another promotion to Legislative Assistant.
-I have a great personal LoR from the Ranking Congress member on my committee, another from my direct supervisor, and a professor I took two classes with.

I plan to apply at the end of this month and I'm applying to the following schools:

Northwestern
Michigan
Columbia
Harvard
NYU
USC
UCLA
Berkeley
Howard
Georgetown
George Washington

What do you think my chances are? I recognize some schools are a definite reach, but I'm willing to take my chances, especially since almost all my app fees have been waived. Also, I'm interested in Social Justice, any recommendations for other schools to submit apps to?

My guess is that you'll have an amazing cycle.
People will disagree I'm sure, but I bet you'll get in everywhere. I figure H will be tough. But I absolutely believe you have a shot.
Congrats ahead of time and keep us posted!

Cogburn1984

New

Post by Cogburn1984 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:18 pm

I would recommend applying to the entire T14 including all of HYS. Even if you have no interest in attending, it would still behoove you to apply for possible scholarship negotiation purposes. I have no idea what the URM boost would be at Yale/Stanford but it is definitely worth finding out. You have an excellent shot a money within the T14.

I don't think you should apply to Howard, it would be a waste with your numbers.

You should have a pretty great cycle regardless.

jacketyellow

Bronze

Post by jacketyellow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Cogburn1984 wrote: I have no idea what the URM boost would be at Yale/Stanford but it is definitely worth finding out.
The boost is definitely quantifiable at Yale. I have an AA female friend who got into Yale with a 165. (She also had a 4.0, though). She eventually settled on Harvard, but I know for a fact that there is a boost at Yale.

Cogburn1984

New

Post by Cogburn1984 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm

jacketyellow wrote:
Cogburn1984 wrote: I have no idea what the URM boost would be at Yale/Stanford but it is definitely worth finding out.
The boost is definitely quantifiable at Yale. I have an AA female friend who got into Yale with a 165. (She also had a 4.0, though). She eventually settled on Harvard, but I know for a fact that there is a boost at Yale.
Yeah there's definitely a decent boost, but anecdotally I've heard that it's bigger for reverse-splitters like your friend and doesn't give quite as big a boost to splitters like OP. I still think she should give it a shot and has a non-zero chance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”