Apply Now or with Dec Retake to BU? 3.85 & 163 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ShepherdJoo

New

Apply Now or with Dec Retake to BU? 3.85 & 163 LSAT

Post by ShepherdJoo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Hey Guys,

ShepherdJoo here. I'm a long-time lurker of the forum and finally decided to post.

I'm in a dilemma right now, and would appreciate any advice.

I have a 3.85 from a Top 5 undergrad and a 163 on the September LSAT. I realize my LSAT isn't that great, but I was wondering what would my admission chances be at BC and BU with these current scores.

I've signed up for the December LSAT as well and am pretty confident I'll be able to raise my LSAT score even just by a few points.

The question is: should I apply to BU now or should I wait to submit my application until I have the December score? I don't want to wait too long to hurt my chances of getting in, but I do want to apply with the best score possible in order to maximize my scholarship options.

Thanks so much.

Zero Hedge

New

Re: Apply Now or with Dec Retake to BU? 3.85 & 163 LSAT

Post by Zero Hedge » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Numbers indicate that you're already very likely to be admitted to BU with your current numbers. I don't think you should totally rule out a retake though, it looks like even a jump to 165 could get you ~$15k more in scholarship.

ShepherdJoo

New

Post by ShepherdJoo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Zero Hedge wrote:Numbers indicate that you're already very likely to be admitted to BU with your current numbers. I don't think you should totally rule out a retake though, it looks like even a jump to 165 could get you ~$15k more in scholarship.
Thanks Zero Hedge! Where did you find that number for estimated scholarship? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'd really like to know.

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:39 pm

ShepherdJoo wrote:
Zero Hedge wrote:Numbers indicate that you're already very likely to be admitted to BU with your current numbers. I don't think you should totally rule out a retake though, it looks like even a jump to 165 could get you ~$15k more in scholarship.
Thanks Zero Hedge! Where did you find that number for estimated scholarship? Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'd really like to know.
http://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/scholarships/graph/

peege

New

Post by peege » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:26 pm

These are literally my exact stats and BU is my number one choice. I'm retaking. I'm pretty sure with our current numbers we can get in. But with just 3 more points scholarships would be more substantial.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”