GPA 3.44 LSAT 165 Currently working at a bank Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Burgh321

New

GPA 3.44 LSAT 165 Currently working at a bank

Post by Burgh321 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:28 pm

Hey all,

I am fresh out of college currently working as a financial analyst at a bank. Nothing sexy, such as an Ibanker, but just working as an internal analyst. I am planning on taking the LSAT February 2018 and wondered at what types of schools I could end up at if I score a 165 on the LSAT. I was an undergrad Finance major with a 3.44 GPA. I was hoping that my work history at a financial institution would help my case during the application process. I would be enrolling during the fall of 2019 as well. Interested in schools in the midwest.

Thanks!

Platopus

Gold

Re: GPA 3.44 LSAT 165 Currently working at a bank

Post by Platopus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quicustodiet

New

Re: GPA 3.44 LSAT 165 Currently working at a bank

Post by quicustodiet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

You're going to get a lot of honest advice, which may be difficult to hear. Don't rush to law school. Study hard for the LSAT. Shoot for 170+. Given the economy and the landscape of the profession, probably retake the LSAT if you score lower than 168. Continue working in your current position. Network and talk to lawyers you know or who people you know know. Although your work experience and networking probably will not help you get into a top law school, those things probably will help you in landing a job for after law school--especially if you want to do what people loosely refer to as "corporate" or "transactional" law at a mid-size or large law firm. PM if you have more specific questions, and I will answer what I can. Listen to everyone's advice on here and take all of it for what it's worth.

Return to “What are my chances?”