169, international (asian), T14 chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
StupidMumi

New

169, international (asian), T14 chances?

Post by StupidMumi » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:06 am

LSAT: 169
GPA evaluation: above average
WE: 3y as registered US patent agent

Grew up and educated in Asia, so no reportable GPA. But happened to have US citizenship, so could take (and pass) the patent bar test. Currently working as a US patent agent in a patent boutique is Asia.

My question: Do my stats warrant a spot in any of the T14 schools? As a native Mandarin/Chinese speaker, I'm worried that my English proficiency could be a big hindrance against my application. In fact, I had failed my English class in college, and only start picking up English when preparing the patent bar test. Hoping that the committee does not find this blot on my transcript. :cry:

Also, does passing the patent bar test provide any boost in application? I've heard that the registration number is only useful in job finding but useless for applying for law school. Is this true?

Rigo

Diamond

Re: 169, international (asian), T14 chances?

Post by Rigo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:24 am

Blanket the T14 NYU on down. You'll snag a lot of them I'd expect with a 169.
Yes patent bar is an advantage. I see patent people outperforming their numbers all the time.

Your English seems fine as far as this post goes. I get the insecurity, but don't sweat it too much. Your 169 on a language intensive test speaks volumes.

Return to “What are my chances?”