179, 3.72, top 5 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bobloblaw21

New

179, 3.72, top 5

Post by bobloblaw21 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:44 am

Hi ok so first of all I don't want to be one of those people who stalks this forum and is like WHAT ARE MY CHANCES!?!??//22/11, but apparently that's who I am now so I'm just accepting it.

so like
what r my chances

My LSAT situation is a bit complicated. I've taken it thrice now but at different times. In 2014, I took it in Sep (169) and Dec (172) but did not end up applying to schools. I just retook the test this September and got a 179. In the interim I have been teaching/tutoring the test.

My GPA is a 3.72, I went to UCLA, was a theater major.

Not an URM.

Looking at top 5 schools ideally but would be happy with top 10. any of you experts have any thoughts?

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: 179, 3.72, top 5

Post by rpupkin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:53 am

Decent chance at HLS, basically no chance at YLS, outside chance at SLS. But I'd apply to all three anyway, as well as the rest of the top 10 or so law schools. You're likely in at Chicago/CLS on down.

bobloblaw21

New

Post by bobloblaw21 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:38 pm

thanks!

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:55 pm

I think you have a good to even great shot at all top 5--probably with money at CCN on down. You're a splitter at Yale--above their 75th LSAT and just a tenth of a point below their 25th GPA. At Harvard and Stanford same for LSAT but much closer to their GPA middle-50 percent range.
Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:25 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:I think you have a good to even great shot at all top 5--probably with money at CCN on down. You're a splitter at Yale--above their 75th LSAT and just a tenth of a point below their 25th GPA.
Yale cares a lot about GPA (particularly for non-URMs without spectacular softs). And Yale--unlike just about every other school--actually takes LSAT retakes into account. That's why I think OP's YLS chances are thin. Still worth applying, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bobloblaw21

New

Post by bobloblaw21 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:30 pm

rpupkin wrote:
NoDayButToday wrote:I think you have a good to even great shot at all top 5--probably with money at CCN on down. You're a splitter at Yale--above their 75th LSAT and just a tenth of a point below their 25th GPA.
Yale cares a lot about GPA (particularly for non-URMs without spectacular softs). And Yale--unlike just about every other school--actually takes LSAT retakes into account. That's why I think OP's YLS chances are thin. Still worth applying, though.
That's what I was thinking, too. Do you think it's a good idea to add an addendum/stress somewhere in my YLS app that the latest retake (179) is obviously more current/that it's after teaching the LSAT professionally for a while? Or would that be pointless or perhaps even detrimental?

Thank you both again for your help!

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:32 pm

bobloblaw21 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
That's what I was thinking, too. Do you think it's a good idea to add an addendum/stress somewhere in my YLS app that the latest retake (179) is obviously more current/that it's after teaching the LSAT professionally for a while? Or would that be pointless or perhaps even detrimental?
Pointless at best, detrimental at worst. Definitely don't submit such an addendum to Yale (or anywhere else).

bobloblaw21

New

Post by bobloblaw21 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:23 pm

rpupkin wrote:
bobloblaw21 wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Pointless at best, detrimental at worst. Definitely don't submit such an addendum to Yale (or anywhere else).
awesome. sounds good. youdabesttttt

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”