Chance Me Splitter 3.1 GPA 173 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mysterydebater

New

Chance Me Splitter 3.1 GPA 173 LSAT

Post by mysterydebater » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:02 pm

I am Texas Resident, going to school at the the University of Michigan, my grades suffered a lot early in school but I managed to bring them up to a 3.15, I took the LSAT in June and got a 173! What're my chances at a T14 school? My softs aren't amazing, but I'm a nationally competitive debater. Should I apply ED to Texas, or risk it and apply regular everywhere?

EDIT: Not a URM, I'm Asian.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Chance Me Splitter 3.1 GPA 173 LSAT

Post by UVA2B » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:17 pm

When the only risks of ED at UT are paying full price, and the risk of applying RD to all schools you’d consider attending and striking out is waiting a year or two to start law school (which you should do anyway), then this question should be much easier to answer.

Hint: apply RD, and if you don’t have any desirable options, do the more intelligent thing and work for a year or two first. That’s the right answer.

Edit: to answer the actual chances part, it’s always a little unpredictable for splitters, but you’re likely to have one or two very expensive options in the T14.

boardcookies

New

/

Post by boardcookies » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:26 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”