New to thread, care to evaluate my chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
veritas2019

New

New to thread, care to evaluate my chances?

Post by veritas2019 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:28 am

THE NUMBERS

School: Harvard College
GPA: 3.9
LSAT: 168
URM: Yes

Will be graduating in 2019. What are my chances at the T12's? I want to go into corporate law, my full on target is Stanford as I fell in love with the law school when visiting. Should I retake my LSAT or opt for a GRE? If I take the LSAT, what number should I be aiming for in the next cycle. I have relevant work experience in banking during a summer but I decided to make the switch. In high school, I helped a friend run for state assembly if that helps in any sort of way??

Appreciate all responses, hope this is the right way to setup a thread; negative feedback helps

wmbuff

Bronze

Re: New to thread, care to evaluate my chances?

Post by wmbuff » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:21 am

The usual caveats apply (what sort of URM matters, there is little data on URM applicants available), but searching some tight ranges on mylsn.info indicates that right now, chances are good that a URM with your numbers can get into a t13 school, but you won't have as many to choose from, or as many scholarship offers, as a similar candidate with even just a 170 LSAT. A retake could dramatically improve your outcomes, which are already pretty good.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:34 am

Don't bother with the GRE if you are sure about law and don't want to apply to other grad programs.

veritas2019

New

Post by veritas2019 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:29 pm

Recently got a 173 on a practice yesterday, def will retake, thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”