3.1 167 AA Male Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Eman1994

New

3.1 167 AA Male

Post by Eman1994 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Average Softs. Applying to the whole T14 plus UCLA, Texas, and USC. Today I received a Priority Track invite for Duke.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: 3.1 167 AA Male

Post by UVA2B » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:13 pm

You're likely to have options within the T14+UT+USC+UCLA. It'll be hard to predict which ones because you're a URM splitter of sorts, which makes the data set available unreliably small. I'd be shocked if you got shut out from your list of schools, and more than likely you'll have a couple to pick from and possibly some with tuition discounts.

AaronCarter

Bronze

Post by AaronCarter » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:34 pm

UVA2B wrote:You're likely to have options within the T14+UT+USC+UCLA. It'll be hard to predict which ones because you're a URM splitter of sorts, which makes the data set available unreliably small. I'd be shocked if you got shut out from your list of schools, and more than likely you'll have a couple to pick from and possibly some with tuition discounts.

By options. Do you think he'll get serious money from USC/UCLA/UT?
Full ride/half ride?

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:25 pm

AaronCarter wrote:
UVA2B wrote:You're likely to have options within the T14+UT+USC+UCLA. It'll be hard to predict which ones because you're a URM splitter of sorts, which makes the data set available unreliably small. I'd be shocked if you got shut out from your list of schools, and more than likely you'll have a couple to pick from and possibly some with tuition discounts.

Full ride/half ride?
By options, I mean I think some of the schools will accept the OP, and it's possible they will offer tuition discounts. As a URM splitter, it's impossibly hard to predict though, which is why my entire post was couched in uncertainty. Putting odds/opinions/conjecture on what they've provided would be worthless for scholarships, etc.

Eman1994

New

Post by Eman1994 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 pm

UVA2B wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:

Full ride/half ride?
By options, I mean I think some of the schools will accept the OP, and it's possible they will offer tuition discounts. As a URM splitter, it's impossibly hard to predict though, which is why my entire post was couched in uncertainty. Putting odds/opinions/conjecture on what they've provided would be worthless for scholarships, etc.
Which of the T14 do I have a reasonable shot at in your opinion? I really like the DC and NY areas so I would love to go to Columbia, NYU, Cornell, or Georgetown. However, I would be open to attend any of the T14 honestly.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:28 pm

Eman1994 wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
AaronCarter wrote:

Full ride/half ride?
Which of the T14 do I have a reasonable shot at in your opinion? I really like the DC and NY areas so I would love to go to Columbia, NYU, Cornell, or Georgetown. However, I would be open to attend any of the T14 honestly.
The entire point of saying it's hard to predict is that it's hard to predict. As a 3.1/167 AA male, your best option could be NYU, or it could be Cornell. It could be Columbia, or it could be Duke. Apply to all of them, and see where the chips fall. There isn't statistical reliability in predicting URM splitter applicants.

Last bumped by Eman1994 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:28 pm.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”