Columbia ED 169/3.8 Military Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
VetCA123

New

Columbia ED 169/3.8 Military

Post by VetCA123 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to decide whether or not to ED Columbia. I got a 169 on the LSAT (first time) and have a 3.85 from a good public University. I qualify for the full GI bill (4 years in the Us Army as a combat arms officer) so money isn't really an issue. I have a couple other unique softs, including graduating college at 18, but am not a URM. My goal is biglaw in NYC.

Retaking the LSAT in December isn't really an option, my wife will be giving birth beginning of December and I dont think I will be able to increase my scores with a newborn at home.

My question is would ED for Columbia increase my chances of acceptance? I understand my numbers are low for HYS so is it worth it to give up a shot at one of those schools or Chicago for a better shot at Columbia?

Thanks for the help!

Mullens

Silver

Re: Columbia ED 169/3.8 Military

Post by Mullens » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:23 pm

VetCA123 wrote:Hi all, I'm trying to decide whether or not to ED Columbia. I got a 169 on the LSAT (first time) and have a 3.85 from a good public University. I qualify for the full GI bill (4 years in the Us Army as a combat arms officer) so money isn't really an issue. I have a couple other unique softs, including graduating college at 18, but am not a URM. My goal is biglaw in NYC.

Retaking the LSAT in December isn't really an option, my wife will be giving birth beginning of December and I dont think I will be able to increase my scores with a newborn at home.

My question is would ED for Columbia increase my chances of acceptance? I understand my numbers are low for HYS so is it worth it to give up a shot at one of those schools or Chicago for a better shot at Columbia?

Thanks for the help!
I think there's a blog that analyzed at which schools ED actually helps (and the ones where the numbers indicate it actually hurts you though I doubt that's ever really the case). The data is old but you might be able to find it in google or by searching here.

You'll probably get into NYU and the schools are effectively the same so ED AT Columbia doesn't seem necessary if you'd like to take a shot at HYS

Return to “What are my chances?”